Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's RadioLive apparently...

I'll try and give them a call after work but it is likely they won't have anyone in the office as it will be after 7:30pm New Zealand time. :shrug:

If anyone has/does give them a tinkle... please drop us a line here too.

DignityPassesBy said:
i should be studying for my HSC next week but i can't bring myself to leave cause i don't want to miss anything lol

Haha me too.... they'll probably release tickets on Monday the 17th October - nothing for months and then BOOM. At least it's nearly over!

Hmmm.... Area of Study VS. U2 tickets.... hmmmm :wink:

The tickets will not go on sale for at least 3 weeks after the announcement because of presale requirements and all that rubbish. I just got home from work, and a "major announcement" is imminent in the next week. I am hoping it's not just the bloody Rolling Stones...

thatsnotmypuppy said:
The tickets will not go on sale for at least 3 weeks after the announcement because of presale requirements and all that rubbish. I just got home from work, and a "major announcement" is imminent in the next week. I am hoping it's not just the bloody Rolling Stones...

*fingers crossed*

Backstreet Boys in January. :hyper:

thatsnotmypuppy said:

Interesting. Any way of finding out who it is? It could very well be the Stones...

If someone could find out what RadioLive is on about that would be great. Radio stations do lie from time to time! It might just be shit, you know? Im sure someone in NZ could give them a call today and ask about this....

Justin was/is in NSync.

Backstreet Boys seemed to be up and down - one minute its on, then off - I think Hillary Duff and Kelly Clarkson touring shows there is a huge market for pop (pap?) at the moment. I dont think its the Stones or INXS as they have already been kinda half arsed announced (I wonder if i can get fired for being on here??) but my guess is the big announcement will be U2 or.. (I'm kinda excited by this as well) Depeche Mode! Possibly Robbie Williams or Bon Jovi since both are rumoured to have signed on with promoters this week for Oz/NZ shows.

I'm crossing my fingers for the much touted Split Enz reunion. :applaud:

edit: Also at this point an announcment would almost be anti-climactic for me. I quite enjoy the diatribe we spill in here. :)

Last edited:
thatsnotmypuppy said:
(I wonder if i can get fired for being on here??)

Well, I'm not naming my employer and I'm not going to spill numbers and stuff that I know or how I know them, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with what we are doing/saying in here. We're all creating hype which benefits the situation, not dropping information that hinders it....

any news?? its all very quiet in here today...cant ANYONE in NZ ring this radio station??

I'M BACK ... I got over studying really quickly lol ... going to fail but owell U2 is more important ... i haven't really missed anything anyway ... i was thinking about that post about a major annoucment soon, i heard on the radio a few months ago after live 8 that someone was trying to sign pink floyd to come down here

Yep - but Pink Floyd knocked back all promoters - however apparently the message was there is no interest "at the moment" for more shows. Leaves that door wide open, hey?

Universal just emailed me back but nothing really new:

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for your email. The rumours are flying around madly at the moment
that U2 are going to confirm this tour. We are all waiting on the edge
of our seats for this announcement, but at this stage, nothing has been
100% confirmed.

I will post any news on our site as soon as it is made available to me.

Kind Regards,
Karen Farrugia
Universal Music Australia

this is just getting too full on! arrghghghgg

coldplays additional shows are going on sale in a week, i cant believe they beat U2 to an announcement and general sale of tickets for shows next june...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom