Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only query with Auckland is...

Where? The Vector Arena is not completed until March where the Stones will open... or North Shore Events Centre which would hold say 7,000 tops. Which wouldn't really be enough to warrant a dip over there? Of course we are nearing the 20 year anniversary of Greg Carolls death, which may be a motivating factor.

So onto my query Earnie... what odds would you give a tour of any sort?

5 nights in Sydney? is that like what Springsteen did last time, only one gig each in Melb and Bris?

I can't really believe that the U2 organisation don't think an Aussie (and NZ :wink: ) tour wouldn't get the crowds, esp. as they haven't been here for 8 years. Coldplay will prob sell out and definitely the Strolling Bones.

Just how much money do U2 want upfront? I honestly can't see any other reason. :shrug:

DignityPassesBy said:
I'm so glad i havent spent my money yet ... i give it 2 weeks - a month at most if we have nothing by then i dont think anything will happen

I've heard centrebet are offering even odds as too what will happen first...

U2 Tour Australia
Guns & Roses Release New Album.

DignityPassesBy said:
Do you think if they do tour we'll get longer setlists? is there a sound restriction after a certain time in sydney?

I think if it is a five night run they would be conventional setlists... although I would pray for one Zoo influenced set...

If we are talking Olympic Park I don't think that there would be any curfew... Entertainment Centre may be a different story. :wink:

i've been meaning to ask aswell if anybody knows ... i was on the sanity and HMV sites to see about the new tour DVD and there is no release dates for Australia yet so will we get it later ... i was thinking that maybe they would wait until they annouce a tour and then release cause casual fans would get a bit silly and just go and try and buy everything they can get there dirty hands on so it would sell stronger

timothius said:

I've heard centrebet are offering even odds as too what will happen first...

U2 Tour Australia
Guns & Roses Release New Album.
Bono stops talking
Take That reform
Christina Aguilera wears clothes
Amanda Vanstone goes on "biggest loser"
John Howard says sorry..........

:wink:

timothius said:
So onto my query Earnie... what odds would you give a tour of any sort?

March - everyone is pessimistic. U2 want it, promoters aren't interested.
January - Why the fuck are they holding onto the booking?!?

I wonder why no promoter will take them on ... htdaab has done about the same if not beter than coldplays X&Y and they couldn't sign them fast enough ... theres got to be something more ... i suppose U2 arn't willing to just do what the promoters want where maybe a band like coldplay is

So from what I gather U2 and the Austrlaian promoters are still at their stand off, while U2 known or unknown to them still have 5 booked dates in January...

What we hope is:

Either they come to an agreement for a full tour in March

or

The Australian promoters knowing that U2 may have a back-up offer continue to refuse the risky venture in March, hoping that U2 offer a 5 night run at the dome. Soon (as in the next 2 weeks) U2 offer the tour to the promoters - as it is highly desirable they stitch up a deal in under a week and a half... a week or two to nut out the minor details and we have an announcement no later than the second week of November. :shrug:

timothius said:
So from what I gather U2 and the Austrlaian promoters are still at their stand off, while U2 known or unknown to them still have 5 booked dates in January...

What we hope is:

Either they come to an agreement for a full tour in March

or

The Australian promoters knowing that U2 may have a back-up offer continue to refuse the risky venture in March, hoping that U2 offer a 5 night run at the dome. Soon (as in the next 2 weeks) U2 offer the tour to the promoters - as it is highly desirable they stitch up a deal in under a week and a half... a week or two to nut out the minor details and we have an announcement no later than the second week of November. :shrug:

I just can't see why promoters won't take them on ... theres no real reason for it cause its pretty much assured of selling out ... Even people i know who don't really like U2 want to see them because everyone hears how good a live show they put on

So after reading all 8 pages of that, the short answer is that we still really have no clue....

Right?

I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, so I will continue to ask for U2 to be delivered to Brisbane for at least one night of musical fun... oh alright... I will ask for the other cities too... lol

imogen said:
So after reading all 8 pages of that, the short answer is that we still really have no clue....

Right?

I am a firm believer in the power of prayer, so I will continue to ask for U2 to be delivered to Brisbane for at least one night of musical fun... oh alright... I will ask for the other cities too... lol

yea that pretty much sums it up ... we're in trouble i'm thinking ... i'm losing hope fast :(

Some hope...

Well people, if Coldplay are the litmus test for a U2 tour (like em or hate em), then I think that the events of today speak for themselves:

Sydney/Melbourne sold out within first hour (some sources quoting as low as 20 minutes for sydney - at least for GAs).

Second shows in Sydney and Melbourne released 10am - both virtual sell outs already (only crap/single seats left).

Brisbane sold out first concert - second concert to be released (most likely) tomorrow (already presale tickets on visa preferred).

If Coldplay can pull those kinds of figures for concerts that aren't even until next June, then i think there is absolutely no reason why U2 can't. Sure, the Vertigo tour stage setup might be more expensive - but hopefully this shows the promoters (and U2) that an Australian tour WILL sell.

I continue to hold my breath like the rest of us....

Sydney was completely and utterly sold out by 9:30 for sure.

The second show had sold out the Gold Section and runs of 4 seats by 11:00.

May encourage some of the promoters. Especially promoters who are cashed up after selling 60,000 tickets to Coldplay in one day. :wink:

so basically, we know nothing.

from what was said, i really believed they were coming and we'd have an announcement of the tour this week or something

how sad (yet again). i knew not to get my hopes up too much.

If I had wind of a confirmation or announcement I'd be straight into here, starting a new topic (in EVERY sub forum) and demanding that this entire site be switched from blue to green and gold for 24hrs at least. If I think it's really close, you'll know about it!!

I think I'd prefer a black, silver, and white Interference myself. :drool:

In any case, this news from Earnie is very exciting and I'm currently in "sit back calmly and wait and see" mode. I'm feeling quietly confident that we will have a tour right now.

I just hope the tour's in January rather than March, purely for my own reasons as I've nothing planned for January but March is my first month of uni.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom