Australia doesn't quite know what the fuck is happening 2007-2029

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DignityPassesBy said:

LOL stop fucking around and tell us what you now ... i think everybodys about to go insane if we don't find out soon

It is much more fufilling if you find it out yourself. Believe me.

Consider these further clues:

Hienz-Harold Fretzen, A Banana Lounge, A Scarecrow & The Autumn of 1542.

ALSO CONAN O'BRIEN IS ON AUSTRALIAN TV TONIGHT.

THECOMEDYCHANNEL@ 11:30

Last edited:
I propose a thread title change: Australia doesn't know quite what's going on but Earnie's fucking with our minds!

timothius said:

It is much more fufilling if you find it out yourself. Believe me.

Consider these further clues:

Hienz-Harold Fretzen, A Banana Lounge, A Scarecrow & The Autumn of 1542.

ALSO CONAN O'BRIEN IS ON AUSTRALIAN TV TONIGHT.

THECOMEDYCHANNEL@ 11:30

LOL ARGH DUDE YOUR MAKING ME EVEN MORE CONFUSED CAN YOU PLEASE JUST TELL ME ... Im to tired to think and i dont have fox :(

:lmao:

In other words we all have no idea. Although Axver's thoughts may well be close to the mark.

The only issue would be Melbourne's venue availability where the Australian Open starts January 14... meaning all would have to be completed by January 10 at latest if no earlier.

Possibly Stadiums in January?? :hmm:

:hmm:

That would certinally fit in with Earnie's cryptic mutterings. :wink:

If it does though, thank goodness the announced bill this year sucks and there will still be plenty of tickets around.

Hm, no, Earnie spoke too positively for it to be the BDO in my mind. How would it be 'exciting' and make two groups of fans really happy?

Axver said:
Hm, no, Earnie spoke too positively for it to be the BDO in my mind. How would it be 'exciting' and make two groups of fans really happy?

Group 1: U2 Fans.
Group 2: Kings Of Leon fans (who are on the BDO bill) :wink:

You make a good point, Earnie's disdain for the BDO would prevent it from being "exciting".

Well, I think one group is Kiwi fans - clearly represented by you and I, Timo. I mean, we haven't exactly been quiet about the Land of the Long White Cloud. And I'd guess we're the group for whom 'something will fall off the back of a truck' soon. Earnie, am I on the right track?

If so, I wonder who the other group is, the one with a hint in our threads ... :hmm:

that fact that Earnie DIDNT say 'sorry guys its all over, its not happening' means that their coming...

but when...?

*sells all belongings to pay off credit card*:combust:

how exciting! i dont wanna get my hopes up again but....HOW EXCITING (too late...)

well this sounds good, they seem to be coming to play here one way or another.

Well if they did do the BDO it'd save on the expensive lighting and set, but would U2 be willing to play a Aussie festival?

There are no huge names from the first group of bands released so it could be a hope.

Metallica were willing to do the BDO but would U2 be? :hmm:

RobboAus said:
Well if they did do the BDO it'd save on the expensive lighting and set, but would U2 be willing to play a Aussie festival?

There are no huge names from the first group of bands released so it could be a hope.

Metallica were willing to do the BDO but would U2 be? :hmm:

I truly hope not!

But alas it'd be better than nothing!:slant:

Earnie Shavers said:
The arrangement itself is actually intriguing. And the only fact you need to know is in one of these threads. Whether it was planned that way or not from the beginning is what is interesting I guess. I think I'd actually prefer it.

Oh man this is all too much for me!!

Oh please may they be coming! :sad:

BDO would suck, 40 minute set, i know its better than nothing and you should be grateful for what your given.....but :(

Last edited:
beli said:
Can I be notified when were supposed to switch threads please? :mad:

There is no set thread policy. Essentially post where you think U2 is at...

For example if you think U2 are coming post in the "U2 is on 2005" thread, if you think U2 aren't coming post in the "U2 is off for 2005 etc" and if you have no clue... feel free to hang out with the rest of us here. :hyper: :wink:

DignityPassesBy said:
If anybody actually knows what Ernie is talking about (that includes Ernie himself) can you please tell me ... You confused me so much Ernie and then timothius made it no better ... I HATE YOU ALL :sad: :grumpy:

Hey now!...Hate is a powerfull emotion and what the world needs now is........

No,... actualy...Hate is a good word...

JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AND WHY CANT WE KNOW?

Plus if Coldplay can come to Adelaide (and Perth) then why cant..........:mad:

fullautoreverse said:
BDO would suck, 40 minute set, i know its better than nothing and you should be grateful for what your given.....but :(

There's no way they could do a festival here. You'd have 50,000 U2 fans camping infront of the stage all daying paying zero attention to the other 20 plus bands beforehand, ruining it for everyone else.

reptile said:

JUST WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON AND WHY CANT WE KNOW?

U2 are trying to book a national tour in March, however no promoter has come on board and it must be said that it looks unlikely (unless U2 take a massive step backwards) that any will. Too high a risk, and none of them need it.

U2 independently HAVE booked 5 nights at the SuperDome in January, and continue to hold onto those bookings. Rumour is they've done the same in Auckland in January (but that's a rumour). Axver cracked the two groups. Sydney/NZ.

Everyones best guess is that either (a) Bono made the booking and has since forgotten (b) it's an insurance booking, and something may be better than nothing. Flying in and out of one city, playing one venue, scales the costs back an massive amount and gives a lot of room for a big profit. No promoter in the country would knock back a 5 night stand at the SuperDome as a one off.

This isn't from 'the' guy I know, but 'a' guy I know. I work around these things, I guess you could say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom