Aussie Support Act

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aussie Edge said:
I am hoping my friend is WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope so too. I've heard rumours that the Bravery were supposed to come back down here in early '06, so I was hoping that it was in conjunction with the U2 tour. But who knows. :( My dream would be to get the Arcade Fire as an opener, but I highly doubt that it would be possible.

I want Arcade Fire too! Their album is soooooooo good! But I heard they will be in the studio recording in Jan/Feb/Mar so I doubt we'll see them.

pleasedontmakeitjetpleasedontmakeitjetpleasedontmakeitjet

Aussie Edge said:
It was announced on Triple J that we are getting Kayne West as support act....

Great:madspit:

Cosmic. Kayne West (doesn't he make that 'uhhh' sound in every song he does?)

If that's the case, when he's on you'll find me at the bar.

Maybe Earnie can help us out a little here but, do they usually choose acts that are on the same label as them? (Universal)

I think The Killers are on their label and maybe even the Scissor Sisters.

Is that the case Earnie?

oh my fucking god. if kayne west plays im gunna throw my shoe at him and hopefully it will hit him in the side of the head and kill him. arghhhhhhhh

DrunkenMonkey said:
oh my fucking god. if kayne west plays im gunna throw my shoe at him and hopefully it will hit him in the side of the head and kill him. arghhhhhhhh

:laugh:

yeah!!!!

hopefully pearl jam will decide to do a suprise tour of australia and will be the support act for U2 :wink:

either that or wolfmother. that would be awesome

DrunkenMonkey said:

Well 50 Cent got bottled off the stage at a UK festival this year (and deservedly so). He reckons it didn't bother him, but if I had 100,000 people booing me and chucking bottles of urine at my head, some of which hitting the desired target, it would bother me no matter how much I was being paid!

bono_man said:
Maybe Earnie can help us out a little here but, do they usually choose acts that are on the same label as them? (Universal)

I think The Killers are on their label and maybe even the Scissor Sisters.

Is that the case Earnie?

The answer to your question bono_man is no. Sometimes it occurs but it's not a written rule that it has to happen.

Kayne West to Support U2 in Australia
by Tim Cashmere

December 14 2005

U2’s Australian tour in March next year will be opened by American hip hop hero of the moment, Kayne West.

It will be West’s first tour of Australia, but he has opened for U2 during some of their American dates this year.

West has been a true hip hop success story, having produced a number of huge hip hop albums before truly cracking into the mainstream with his second album ‘Late Registration’.

The many thousands of you who are dying to see West, but didn’t buy tickets to a completely different and now sold out tour will just have to keep your fingers crossed for a sideshow because it’s the only chance you’ll get.

Those of you lucky enough to have a U2 ticket can check out Kayne West at these venues:

Friday March 17 Auckland Ericsson Stadium - SOLD OUT
Saturday March 18 Auckland Ericsson Stadium - SOLD OUT
Tuesday March 21 Brisbane QSAC - SOLD OUT
Friday March 24 Melbourne Telstra Dome - SOLD OUT
Saturday March 25 Melbourne Telstra Dome - SOLD OUT
Tuesday March 28 Adelaide AAMI Stadium - SOLD OUT
Friday March 31 Sydney Telstra Stadium - SOLD OUT
Saturday April 1 Sydney Telstra Stadium - SOLD OUT

jackjj said:
Kayne West to Support U2 in Australia
by Tim Cashmere

December 14 2005

U2’s Australian tour in March next year will be opened by American hip hop hero of the moment, Kayne West.

It will be West’s first tour of Australia, but he has opened for U2 during some of their American dates this year.

West has been a true hip hop success story, having produced a number of huge hip hop albums before truly cracking into the mainstream with his second album ‘Late Registration’.

The many thousands of you who are dying to see West, but didn’t buy tickets to a completely different and now sold out tour will just have to keep your fingers crossed for a sideshow because it’s the only chance you’ll get.

Those of you lucky enough to have a U2 ticket can check out Kayne West at these venues:

Friday March 17 Auckland Ericsson Stadium - SOLD OUT
Saturday March 18 Auckland Ericsson Stadium - SOLD OUT
Tuesday March 21 Brisbane QSAC - SOLD OUT
Friday March 24 Melbourne Telstra Dome - SOLD OUT
Saturday March 25 Melbourne Telstra Dome - SOLD OUT
Tuesday March 28 Adelaide AAMI Stadium - SOLD OUT
Friday March 31 Sydney Telstra Stadium - SOLD OUT
Saturday April 1 Sydney Telstra Stadium - SOLD OUT

Oh god. :|

I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger...

........*doesnt mind Kayne West:ohmy:

Fuck yes! This is awesome. Seriously.

Have any of you listened to his albums? Ignore Gold Digger. If you hate hip-hop as a whole, I can't help you, but his two albums are excellent.

There'll be more than one support act. I'm sure you'll get your guitars as well.

Thank fuck it's not Jet.

Back
Top Bottom