ATTN: Chicago Ticketholders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
Remember that MSG graphic that somebody made the other day? I think it would be neat to see how us Chicagoans fared during the ticket sales.

So post what you got, dates, etc., and then I'll make a chart. Include anything you bought during the presale.

5/9: Sect. 306
5/10: Sect 322
5/12: Sect 330

Today, mere moments after the 4th Chicago show was announced I was on the phone with TM and the rep offered me sec. 317 halfway up. I turned them down. Nosebleeds like that will be available for cheap on day of show.

Pre-Sale
5/9 - 2 tickets in section 306

Today
5/9 - 2 GA Tickets

How ironic that I fared better on my own than with the $40 u2.com membership.

Presale -
5/9 2 tickets section 305, row 5.

Today -
5/9 2 GA Tickets.

That look familar, msbarb? :yes:

fmattyh said:
Presale -
5/9 2 tickets section 305, row 5.

Today -
5/9 2 GA Tickets.

That look familar, msbarb? :yes:

:yes:

I'm going to ignor the obvious and just say it looks like we were meant to be neighbors either way. Where are you planning to stay in Chicago?

pre-sale....nothing...

and when everything went on sale today I was kicked off the sytem twice, it froze 4 times, and in the end I was left with nothing for all 4 shows.

nothing.

first time since the indoor leg of Zoo TV that I won't be going.

this really sucks....and I feel sick about it.

jeffrey k.

anyone with extra GA to any of the chicago dates that wants to sell can feel free to contact me and we can talk..! :wink:

Last edited:
Presale:

2 GA tickets for 5/7
2 section 108 tickets for 5/9

Today:

NOTHING!!!!! (I did try :sad: )

msbarb said:

:yes:

I'm going to ignor the obvious and just say it looks like we were meant to be neighbors either way. Where are you planning to stay in Chicago?
Ummm, in line? :lol: We're driving down from Grand Rapids - about three hours away. Plan on getting there, hmmm, late Sunday early Monday or something Maybe set up a tent in line or whatever? Then probably just driving back to GR after the concert - class the next day after all. You should bring a tent too - we can be neighbors! :hyper: :dance: Maybe set up a volleyball net, have a barbecue... you supply the hot tub? :wink:

Foxxern said:

Yeah I know. I was as stunned as anyone. The people in front of me ordered 11, yes 11, in GA. I figured, what the hell, give it a shot.

Wait...did you buy them at the arena?

Were the guys in front of you "licensed" ticket "brokers"?

Did the teller suffer a brain aneurysm?

Buttercup67 said:
Presale:

2 tickets in sect. 106 row 12

Genaral sale:

Nothing, had to work today. :mad:
hey, we can be 106 buddies! :p
well, if you're going to the 5/7 show anyway. :)

speedracer said:

Wait...did you buy them at the arena?

Were the guys in front of you "licensed" ticket "brokers"?

Did the teller suffer a brain aneurysm?

Bought them from Carson's (local department store that had a TM outlet), the people in front of me looked to be about my age, maybe a few years younger, in college probably--certainly didn't look like brokers. Yeah beyond that, I have no idea. I was happy at the time, but in retrospect if there's a chance TM could cancel my tickets (though I have no idea how since I have them sitting in an envelope here) maybe it wasn't the best idea.

Foxxern said:

Bought them from Carson's (local department store that had a TM outlet), the people in front of me looked to be about my age, maybe a few years younger, in college probably--certainly didn't look like brokers. Yeah beyond that, I have no idea. I was happy at the time, but in retrospect if there's a chance TM could cancel my tickets (though I have no idea how since I have them sitting in an envelope here) maybe it wasn't the best idea.

Well, the only part of the ticket that matters is the unique barcode. They could easily invalidate that and manufacture a new one for a replacement ticket.

More power to you if your ploy works, but I'd be worried.

fmattyh said:
Ummm, in line? :lol: We're driving down from Grand Rapids - about three hours away. Plan on getting there, hmmm, late Sunday early Monday or something Maybe set up a tent in line or whatever? Then probably just driving back to GR after the concert - class the next day after all. You should bring a tent too - we can be neighbors! :hyper: :dance: Maybe set up a volleyball net, have a barbecue... you supply the hot tub? :wink:

Have you ever been to the United Center? :huh:

knox said:

Have you ever been to the United Center? :huh:
No. Is the south side really that bad? As in too dangerous to camp out?

BTW, I was joking about the whole barbecue/volleyball thing if that's what you're referencing.

Presale: Section 102, row 19 for Sat
General sale: Section 305, row 11 & 331 row 11 for Mon
118, row 19 for Tues
105, row 7 & 110, row 19 for Thurs

On a sidenote, I was in essentially instantly when the Tuesday show opened and had a 1 minute hold time that never changed and eventually crashed. Oh what might have been. Hopefully I can parlay this mess into good tickets for Sat, Tues, & Thurs and recoup a little of the cash I have in 6 sets of tickets.

fmattyh said:
No. Is the south side really that bad? As in too dangerous to camp out?

BTW, I was joking about the whole barbecue/volleyball thing if that's what you're referencing.
The last decade has seen the immediate neighborhood improve dramtically, however you don't have to wander too far from the UC to get into some pretty tough areas. As far as camping out, You'll probably be ok (if it is even allowed), like anywhere, for the most part if you mind your own business you'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom