Atlanta Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MVD or U2dork can answer this better than me but it's attached to the CNN Center and there is a big food court in there with tons of places to eat; mostly fast food but a few sit down places....

If you're talking nice restaurants, can't help with that...

There is a Holiday Inn on International Drive three blocks from the arena or the Omni hotel at Cnn Center.

Food Court at Cnn center but most people will gather at Jocks and Jills Sports Bar or Mckormick and Schimmks both which are in CNN center which connects to the arena.

Good luck! My friend and I had a road trip from Bama to Atlanta a couple of weekends ago to scope things out.

We got a room at the Holiday Inn (Andrew Yound Inter'nal blvd) apx 3-5 blocks from Phillips. We plan on walking through Centennial Park (well lit ) and the lady at the desk said that there is TONS of foot traffic on show nights.

Sounds promising, right.

That was the ONLY hotel we found with vacancies. We were even going to do the OMNI...Hell I could buy 2 GAs scalped on the net for one night there...but we were doing it. It too was booked...Then we found Holiday Inn.....

We are paying about $300 for friday and sat night combined...

Good luck!

marie

Dulce de Leche said:
MVD or U2dork can answer this better than me but it's attached to the CNN Center and there is a big food court in there with tons of places to eat; mostly fast food but a few sit down places....

If you're talking nice restaurants, can't help with that...

Yeah, what she said. :)
There are also a few pricey places around the CNN center as well.

As for hotels, I know there are several hotels in the area. I googled hotels near Philips and this is the first site that came up...
http://www.hotels-rates.com/hotels/locations/Atlanta/GA/usa/240/

Can anyone give any suggestions on where/how to meet the band prior to the show? I am not familiar with Philips Arena. We have a postcard that my 4-year old daughter got from the band and we really want to have Bono sign it (plus Mommy and Daddy want to meet the band!).

If you are looking for things to do, you can tour CNN. Just go to their web site.

I just used priceline and got a 4 star hotel that turned out to be the Marriot Marquis downtown...for $70!

See you all in Atlanta :wave:

I was outside Dallas a couple of weeks ago and actually said, "It will be great if Atlanta is having weather like this." Sounds like it will happen. Love the South!!! Mild fall weather is awesome.

ruffian said:
I just used priceline and got a 4 star hotel that turned out to be the Marriot Marquis downtown...for $70!

See you all in Atlanta :wave:
Thanks so much for the heads-up Ruffian! I'm also staying at the Marriot Marquis. (same price too :D )

Now, all I need are some tickets.

I got a hotel room at the Hyatt Regency downtown Atlanta (7 blocks from philips arena) for Nov 19 for 65.00 at
http://www.travelzoo.com usually 179.00 or more. I wasn't even sure if I was going to get a hotel. I don't know how much longer they will have these rooms available, they could be sold out any minute now. (as of right now they didn't have that rate for fri by itself but had fri and sat together for a business rate of 85.00 a night, and sat by itself for 65.00)

I have seat tickets for Sat, I might trade those for GA, I don't know. I'm hoping to get tickets for Friday too hopefully GA.

Hope to see everyone there :wave:

Last edited:
Anu said:

Then, the next day, we will go south to Columbus Georgia, to join a protest

We invited Roy Bourgeois to our campus for two days last year and it was amazing to have him...we got students very engaged efforts to shutdown the SOA...excellent that you are going to the protest :up:

cleazer said:
Thanks so much for the heads-up Ruffian! I'm also staying at the Marriot Marquis. (same price too :D )

Now, all I need are some tickets.

hey Cleazer! So i got that cheap price for Friday and Saturday and was planning on sleeping in my car Thursday night if there is a GA line already formed...then I thought I might want to get a hotel. Can't get anywhere near that price now :(

If anyone finds a dirt cheap place for Thursday night, let me know.

Anu said:
According to the 10-day forecast, Atlanta weather will be mild, 70-ish, the day of the show!!
Anu

I guess a cold front will now be arriving just in time for the weekend. Highs in the mid-50's lows in the 30's. :(

I saw THAT!!!! It has been in the freaking 80s and 50s at night FOREVER!!!!

Wouldn't you know....

4am is going to be miserable on Sat.

Atleast Fri I will be arriving just in time...pray to be scanned in since I am getting in late. People who love u2 shouldn't have to work during tours. :mad:

This has been asked before but any advice on where to meet the band when they come in for soundcheck?

Back
Top Bottom