Atlanta Hotel info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ree5669

Acrobat
I need to know the closest hotel to Phillips Arena in Atlanta so we can go ahead and book our reservation. I saw the OMNI is close but pricey...my tics were a fortune!

Any suggestions, or know a hotel with Marta very close by?
thanks...WAY in advance.

They stayed at the Ritz in Buckhead, I do believe. I knew someone who was an event planner at the Ritz downtown and she was a bit envious they didn't stay there.

I looked at the hotel info off the Phillips Arena site, but many said within "1 mile" and I really want to be able to walk or atleast ride the train. I just need to do some scouting in the area soon so I can get the feel of the place. Our plan it so try to score tickets for Friday (at the arena from a desperate -hopefully- seller) and attend Sat. night with our GA tickets.

THANKS for all the INFO. As time gets closer, maybe we can all meet up in line. Do they have any specific rules at the arena about line up times, etc. If so, where is the best place to wait?

BOCAGATOR said:
Miss Velvet,

Do you remember where they stayed last tour? I think it was the four seasons.

I remember them staying at the Four Seasons. I recall there being a whole debate about that or the Ritz. I found out a day later after I happend to be at a bar in Midtown behind the Four Seasons that they were staying there.

Last edited:
Hey all in this thread!! I'm planning on attending Saturday's Atlanta show (driving in from Alabama). Let's keep in touch and maybe we'll see each other in line. There's strength in numbers!

Last time I saw them in Atlanta we stayed at the Hyatt...it was within walking distance of the arena...it's also right next to the Hard Rock. Usually Hard Rock food is :barf: but it was actually good years ago! Anyway, see you in November!!!

*counting minutes*

Elessarian, I am coming from Bama, too. I am up in Gadsden. We are hoping to get in on Friday night, hopefully can get tix for that night, too, but otherwise hang out at this Irish Pub I visited a year or two ago, in 5 points, I think. Any other suggestions on where the band may hang out at after shows? I was up in Brooklyn at the NYC concert last Nov. two days after they played SNL, was front row center, five feet from Bono, and walked passed Pig & WHistle a million times in the city, and never thought about them drinking there. That night (I walked passed it) they were there----but I didn't know it! I was so mad. I'd love to "run" into them somewhere like that. :)

JUST RECEIVED MY TICKETS IN THE MAIL!!!!!! *squealing*

ree5669, we'll be coming in from Tuscaloosa, probably Friday morning. I broke the bank on the Saturday tickets, so unless some REALLY cheap tickets appear for Friday, I'll just be going to the one show. However, we're hoping to use Friday to stake out the venue, loiter outside Philips Arena, etc., to gatch a glimpse of the band.

Hope to see you there!!!!

:dance:

My thoughts exactly!!! We will certainly "hang out" if we cannot score any other tix. I paid a fortune for GAs on ebay. My dh wasn't happy, but oh well! :) I will be in T town on the 7th for my cousin's grad at 8 freaking oclock in the morning! I checked for hotels (to save me from a 2+hr drive at the break of dawn), but there are none...I waited too late :(

I don't think Nov. will EVER come.

I'm coming in on Friday night as well....still looking for a place to stay. I was hoping to find someplace within walking distance as well... :)

Ree,
I've done a little checking and there are a few within walking distance...and you're right about the Omni - a bit pricey....as was the Westin and Ritz that weekend. I didn't check the Four Seasons and figured I wouldn't get the chance to meet the band there anyway (if they were staying) - I read they usually get in around 4:00 a.m. or so and well...I'm normally asleep (or passed out) by that time......

Miss Velvet,
Do you live in the area? What would you suggest? I was leaning a bit toward the Wyndham or Embassy...but the Hyatt was also a possibility.

Hope we can all meet up - see you in six months :)

Hi all,

I think the Holiday Inn on International Blvd. should be very close...all the sites list it as .3 miles or 2 blocks. As I remember, the Hyatt was not far, but far enough that the crowd thinned enough by the time we got there that I was a little nervous a block or so before we reached the hotel. The Holiday Inn must be close, cuz it's pretty $$$ to be a Holiday Inn (about $180 a night).

See y'all in November!

Atlanta Hotels

Not only am I a 26 year Fan (From Dublin Originally) but I happen to work in the hotel business. I am not trying to solicit business here but if anyone is interested I will set up a block of rooms at The Westin Atlanta Airport for u2 fans traveling to the Atlanta Concerts. My best advice would be to stay right downtown but be prepared to pay big time or stay at a hotel on the train line - MARTA.
If you stay at The Westin Airport they offer a Free Shuttle every 15 minutes to the train station only a mile away. You can take the train right to Philips Arena. It will take about 15 minutes.
I did it for the last U2 tour. This is the way to go IMO. I will get you a luxury hotel for half of what you will get downtown.
Again I am not trying to solicit business believe me. It is more as a fan....with connections.
Let me know if want me to set it up.

I will have seen 4 shows by the time they get to Atlanta. Awesome tour!

Well my offer still stands, which bears repeating. I will PAY for your hotel room in its ENTIRETY for one or both show nights, in return for 2 floor tickets per night. 1 pair of tix = 1 free night (either night) or 2 pair tix = both nights free. The hotel is very nice and three blocks from the venue so you can walk, no trains, no shuttles. Feel free to email me with any questions.
LostSailor1@hotmail.com

Last edited:
i don't know how picky anyone is but i got a room at the best western inn @ peachtrees. it says its .43 miles from the arena. it was $99 per night with a full hot breakfast each morning. i plan on renting a car since it's only $30 a day.

If you can stay at the Omni, do it! One of the coolest hotel rooms I have stayed in. I stayed there when I went for Elevation. Nothing better than looking out over the Atlanta skyline to relax after a U2 concert.

Just booked the Hotel Indigo for $107/night (King size bed) Very hip hotel with a cool bar. About two miles to the Arena & near MARTA. Might be a good place for a rock&roll band to have a drink -:) hotelindigo.com See you in Atlanta!

Well my offer still stands, which bears repeating. I will PAY for your hotel room in its ENTIRETY for one or both show nights, in return for 2 floor tickets per night. 1 pair of tix = 1 free night (either night) or 2 pair tix = both nights free. The hotel is very nice and three blocks from the venue so you can walk, no trains, no shuttles. Feel free to email me with any questions.
LostSailor1@hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom