Are they numbering the wristbands in Hartford

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Techie2000

Refugee
I am planning to go to the Hartford show on Wednesday. Want to get a "decent" spot, but defintely not want to stand in line in the cold all day. So I was wondering, is this wrist band numbering something they are doing at Hartford and other venues, or is this a Boston only thing?

I emailed the Civic Center yesterday and they replied saying they hadn't decided what to do, but they'll email me once they have.

I'll freeze my junk off (and try my girlfriend's patience!) for U2 tickets in Hartford!

Doesn't appear to be a lot of enthusiasm for this particular night round these here parts!

I talked to a security guard at the Civic Center about an hour ago (noon, EST) and he said he's working tomorrow and had been given no information whatsoever about what's going on. The woman who answered the phone earlier today said they'll let people into the building at 9:00 and that they'll hand out wristbands at 5:00. I asked if she meant the wristbands for floor access and she said yes. So, I think we can conclude that they don't have any idea of what's going on or what they're doing.

from the hartford civic center website:

Vertigo//2005 Tour

Date/Time: Wednesday December 7, 2005
7:30PM -

Box Office: 860-525-4500

Price: $162, $97 & $51.50

Hartford Civic Center General Admission
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS

• The General Admission “GA” line will queue inside Center Court. Center Court is located at the Main Entrance off Trumbull St.

• GA ticket holders may begin lining up at 9:00 AM on the day of the show. Please note we will not be distributing numbered wristbands. Wristbands will not be distributed until doors open. (Please do not attempt to line-up over night; this queue area will be locked.)

• There will be TWO lines. One for U2 Fan Club members and one for anyone else holding a GA ticket. Signs will be marked for each line. Each person will need a fan club card or a fan club ticket to get a wristband in the fan club line. BOTH lines will enter the building at the same time.

• GA ticket holders will receive their tour issued wristband once their ticket has been scanned and bag have been searched. Wristbands will be distributed when doors open at 6:30pm and on a first come, first serve basis.

• Guests will be permitted to have a reasonable amount of food and non-alcoholic beverages while in line (no bottles, cans or food will be allowed in the building). Sales and/or vending in the line will not be permitted. Please help us keep the area clean by using trash receptacles.

• All GA ticket holders will be scanned for a chance to enter the “ELLIPSE”. If your ticket scans “ELLIPSE staff will issue an “ELLIPSE” wrist band allow you access into the “ELLIPSE”. Selection is at random

• The wristband must remain on the GA ticket holders wrist at all times. They also must be in possession of a valid ticket. Any GA ticket holder found with a tampered wristband will have that wristband confiscated.

• Please take note that the Hartford Civic Center policy strictly prohibits the following items from entering the facility:
o No backpacks / large bags / brief cases
o No outside food and beverage
o No bottles or cans
o No audio or video recording devices
o No laser pointers

Please know point & shoot cameras will be allowed in for this event. These guidelines are subject to change.

What is a Fan Club ticket??

I think I know what the card it. Its that metal card that says U2.com on it that they sent fan club members. Is that right?

Back
Top Bottom