Anyone need a GA lottery buddy for 3/30 S.D.?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Now that they're doing this lottery system to determine who gets into the GA oval section, it seems your odds of getting into the oval are much better if you're going to the show with at least one other person. If someone gets a "winning" lottery number that gets them into the oval, they can take one person with them. I'm going to the 3/30 S.D. concert alone, flying in from Phoenix on Tuesday. I have a GA ticket for the show. So right now I'd only have one shot at getting into the oval. I can double my chances by "buddying up" with another GA ticket holder also going by themselves. If I get a good lottery number for the oval, I'll take my buddy with me if he/she doesn't get a good draw. And likewise, my buddy takes me into the oval if they get a good number and I don't. Anyone interested in being my buddy? PM me if interested. I'm leaving for S.D. on Tuesday morning, so I'll need to find someone to buddy up with before I leave.

Leaving now to enjoy Easter at my parents. I'll be checking my PM's later in the day when I return.

great idea. when you get there you can probably find plenty of people willing to do that. Does it apply to outside the oval as well? People are let in according to their #'s?

bonoed said:
great idea. when you get there you can probably find plenty of people willing to do that. Does it apply to outside the oval as well? People are let in according to their #'s?

I suppose it would also apply for outside the oval. If I'm understanding this new process correctly, 200 lottery numbers will be picked to determine the 400 who are let into the oval, assuming each of those 200 bring someone in with them. The remaining GA's will be lined up and let in according to the number on their wristband, not first-come, first-served. Otherwise you'd still have people lined up at the venue all day to get the next best spots on the floor outside the oval. So even if I buddy up with someone and neither of us get into the oval, we could still benefit as far as line placement to get to the floor area outside the oval.

What I'm still waiting to confirm is...

a). what time will they start handing out lottery wristbands?
b). what is the cutoff time to get a wristband? at some point in the afternoon they'll stop handing out wristbands. When doors open at 6pm?

I'll be checking the Interference boards frequently tomorrow to see how all this goes down, so I know what to expect on Wednesday.

Back
Top Bottom