Anyone Here Know Pittsburgh?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BEVERLY56

Refugee
Many questions in planning for GA line for Pittsburgh:

* If one camps out overnight, what about bathroom facilities?
* Do you wear grubby stuff & go change before they let you in?
* Can you park your car close by or do you have to walk 6 blocks? (as far as taking stuff back to your car, etc.)
* How do you know exactly where the GA line forms? I'm envisioning myself sleeping in a tent somewhere and finding out that the REAL line is on the other side of the arena)

1st time GA - if I sound clueless its because I am.

Hey Beverly
Im in Pittsburgh. Where you from? Well my first question are they still doing the lottery scan thing? If so Im not sure its in your best interest to camp out all night. Fortunely the Civic Arena is not too complicated or large. The parking lots are very close and not complex either. Id imagine fans will be 'policing' themselves as usual and youll get some kind of number anyways. Email me and I can give you more detail about the 'burgh. Ill be there working the ONE Campaign table. Everyone stop by and sign the Declaration!! and say hi to me ha
Brian Thomas
Pittsburgh ONE Volunteer Coordinator
brianthomas_72@yahoo.com

We got in the GA line around 12noon for the Elevation tour and ended up on the rail. My friend and I are heading down to Mellon Arena at 9am this time. I wouldn't camp out all night (not a very good part of town). Last time around they had a few port a johns. We lined up in the front (where the Mellon Arena sign is). There wasn't any sort of wristband or numbering system. We were in line for the afternoon. Bring an extra set of clothes in case we get rained on. There aren't many restaurants/stores really close either. We'll probably pack some food. Parking is really close. My friend is familiar with the spot where the Penguins enter for games. Hopefully this is the area where the band will come in for soundcheck. I'm hoping for some sort of numbering system this time so we can try to greet them (assuming they come out). I've lived here forever so if you have any other questions email me at dmalezi@zoominternet.net Maybe we can meet up. The acoustics are great at Mellon arena BTW. Can't wait!

I must be crazy, but I was not thinking about coming any earlier than 4:30 to the arena to line up for GA. How many people are in line by that time of day, any estimates from the Elevation tour?

dmalezi said:
My friend is familiar with the spot where the Penguins enter for games. Hopefully this is the area where the band will come in for soundcheck. I'm hoping for some sort of numbering system this time so we can try to greet them (assuming they come out).

Has to be 'cos I've cased that whole building once :D (unless there's an underground area we all don't know about)...I've waited there many times in the past after Pens games to get autographs :up:

anyone know anything about disposable cameras? I'm not exatly close...lol...but I would like to get some stage shots and personal ones. Do they have a problem with them???

*is a firstimer*
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Non-pro cameras are generally allowed... I have never had a problem in 10 shows...

8 days! :hyper:

Can any one who has seen U2 at Mellon Arena before advise me on what time I should show up for the GA line (how many people are in line at what points in the day)?

Wow thanks everyone for all the responses. My email's been down for days. As soon as I get some time later i will email you guys privately, I really appreciate it. I'm in Akron, OH. Maybe we can all meet up in the line. I think generally the first ones in the line sort of handle the numbering system, that's what I gather from reading about other venues.

I am so psyched (And glad I don't really need to camp out!)

dmalezi said:
My friend is familiar with the spot where the Penguins enter for games. Hopefully this is the area where the band will come in for soundcheck. I'm hoping for some sort of numbering system this time so we can try to greet them (assuming they come out).

I know the spot you're talking about, what time should i be there???

I know the spot you're talking about, what time should i be there???

They are usually scheduled to come in for soundcheck between 2 and 4pm. We greeted Bono, Edge and Adam before NJ1 back in May at around 4:30. They do seem to be running late lately. Don't leave if they just drive by either. Edge and Adam both went by then came out a bit later. Bono got out on his way in. Larry just drove by but we could clearly see him waving through the car window. Well worth the wait! I think the chances are good for a meet and greet in Pittsburgh. :up:

It's less than a week away! We're planning on arriving around 9:30 am, and are staying at the Marriott across the street - hope to see and meet you all there!

Miroslava are you going to Pittsburgh? I'll look f'ward to meeting you after seeing you around on these boards. Maybe you can give me some of your luck and I can at least get a photo/autograph.

Y2K said:
Can any one who has seen U2 at Mellon Arena before advise me on what time I should show up for the GA line (how many people are in line at what points in the day)?

GET IN LINE NOW. I'm already there. (just kidding). Looking forward to meeting some new U2 friends on Saturday. I'm bringing my Michka book in hopes of getting an autograph. In Chicago, somebody spilled a beer all over my cloth backpack and my CD liner for "Atomic Bomb" got ruined, I guess its a good thing I didn't get an autograph. This time, I'll put it back in my car before the show.

BEVERLY56 said:
Miroslava are you going to Pittsburgh? I'll look f'ward to meeting you after seeing you around on these boards. Maybe you can give me some of your luck and I can at least get a photo/autograph.

I'll be there with bells on!!! Look for the tallish, anxious, Mexican-y looking girl... :hyper:

And I'll let you rub my belly for good luck for FREE! :happy:

Look forward to meeting you! :D

Miroslava - I don't think so based oh what I'm being told, hope to be there maybe 9 or 10-ish? Where are you coming from?

Ultraviolette - see you there too! We'll definitely get some pictures and autographs!!!!!!!!

They absolutely will! However the weather forecast for Saturday keeps getting crappier...

Is anybody who is going to Pittsburgh also planning to come to Cleveland in December?

BEVERLY56 said:
They absolutely will! However the weather forecast for Saturday keeps getting crappier...

Is anybody who is going to Pittsburgh also planning to come to Cleveland in December?
*sigh* I know what you mean. What can't Saturday be as beautiful as today?!?! Its like 70ish today!

I'm still hoping for good weather though!

BEVERLY56 said:

I'll be there on Saturday!!!! Unfortunatly I'm not going to see them in Cleveland, but I live in Cleveland so if you have any questions feel free to ask!

I'll be there Saturday as well. Also going to both Detroit shows next week and Cleveland in December. See you all there in the GA line!!!

Back
Top Bottom