Anyone for Poland?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trainspotter

Acrobat
I will be flying from the UK (Luton) to Katowice for the U2 gig, and was wondering if I am likely to see many other U2 fans on the plane?

At the moment, flights with Wizzair are very good value, as is the hotelibis in the city centre. Public sale of tickets is tomorrow, at the moment, i am hoping to get a standing (GA) ticket, if anyone is getting any spares, i am interested. The website is a bit confusing in Polish

See you on the plane !!!!

*k_i_t_e_86* said:
Have you tried ticketpro? Its in english:
http://www.ticketpro.pl/index.asp?L=EN&CAT=0&REG=1&TERM=1&MAIN=0

PS. I hope you'll have a great time here :wink:

thank you for your quick reply.

I have looked at the ticketpro site, but i cant find any links on it that lead to on-line sales, however there are lots of links to ticket agents that will be selling tickets, but no obvious ways to get a ticket tomorrow.

I am somewhat confused, further assistance ould be great, thanks

moonzltdrm said:
I booked tickets to poland on the cats eyes website. Good prices and they have many u2 concerts available

cats eyes seem to have far too many tickets for sold out shows, i wonder if they can meet all of the orders that they have?

I will take a look though, thanks

I noticed that too. Some of their tickets are pricey, but some aren't so bad. I think they sell tickets on behalf to the tour promoters. Let me know if you find anything.

trainspotter said:

thank you for your quick reply.

I have looked at the ticketpro site, but i cant find any links on it that lead to on-line sales, however there are lots of links to ticket agents that will be selling tickets, but no obvious ways to get a ticket tomorrow.

I am somewhat confused, further assistance ould be great, thanks

Tomorrow there will certainly be a link for online booking ("Zamów bilet"- have no idea why its not translated).

The sale starts at 11am (10 am in UK i guess).

trainspotter - you certainly get around. You advised me about seetickets.com the other day, and now thankfully we know where we are gonna be sitting in Manchester, I looked at another thread yesterday and noticed that you have managed to buy standing tickets for the same show. Hope you enjoy, you must be loaded?!! I would love to see U2 abroad, but it was quite harrowing for me (& my family) just to acquire tickets for Manchester!!!!:wink:

adele said:
trainspotter - you certainly get around. You advised me about seetickets.com the other day, and now thankfully we know where we are gonna be sitting in Manchester, I looked at another thread yesterday and noticed that you have managed to buy standing tickets for the same show. Hope you enjoy, you must be loaded?!! I would love to see U2 abroad, but it was quite harrowing for me (& my family) just to acquire tickets for Manchester!!!!:wink:

Seeing U2 is quite a hobby for me, and i have been saving up for a while, but fortunately, I am blessed with a better income than when i first saw them as a student.

The flight to poland was £44, and the hotel £33, and the concert tickets will be about £27, so all in all, not much more expensive than a night a twickenham and the train home.

I hope that however all of the U2 fans in Poland get to see the band, I wouldn't want to get there and find it full of British

trainspotter said:
I hope that however all of the U2 fans in Poland get to see the band, I wouldn't want to get there and find it full of British

I'm more afraid of the whole central/eastern Europe comming here...

trainspotter said:

dziękuję , I owe you a piwo

I'll hold you to your promise, though i guess i wasnt very helpful- theres no online booking on ticketpro... :eyebrow:

Anyway, did you manage to get any?

Bathiu- what do you mean??

*k_i_t_e_86* said:

I'll hold you to your promise, though i guess i wasnt very helpful- theres no online booking on ticketpro... :eyebrow:

Anyway, did you manage to get any?

I noticed that the ticket pro site was not "online", i reserved tickets by email with the promoter (odessey) but after ringing them, they would not hold my reservation . as it would "take too long" to post cash from the UK.

I also reserved via shortcut.pl, and rang them, they think that there will be no problem sending cash.

If it all goes wrong, i will look out for locals with a spare

trainspotter said:

I also reserved via shortcut.pl, and rang them, they think that there will be no problem sending cash.

Sortcut.pl is quite reliable. At least i have only good experiences with them.

so, are there any more tickets for u2 poland??
Thanks for the answer!
Shortcut.pl--- i can't click on the standing or any other category!

Please help, i need tickets for my friendS!

tilen said:
so, are there any more tickets for u2 poland??
Thanks for the answer!
Shortcut.pl--- i can't click on the standing or any other category!

Please help, i need tickets for my friendS!

I don't think all tickets are sold out.

Shortcut.pl works just like any normal "shop", they just order some number of tickets...
the message there is not "sold out" or "not available"... it's just "sale on hold"... I think they're ordering more tickets right now.

yesterday on TV: only half of the tickets are sold right now...

bathiu said:

I don't think all tickets are sold out.

Shortcut.pl works just like any normal "shop", they just order some number of tickets...
the message there is not "sold out" or "not available"... it's just "sale on hold"... I think they're ordering more tickets right now.

yesterday on TV: only half of the tickets are sold right now...

thanks for the information then! I'll try later

Marusa said:
tilen r u going to Poland?!?! when is the gig?

yo,marusa are you following me,heh?
Well, i really don't know, i have to consider every option...Concert is on 5th of July...
Let me just say i have a secret weapon hidden in my pocket for german sale this week,hehe

hear you soon

bathiu said:

I'm more afraid of the whole central/eastern Europe comming here...

We will be there... But why are you so afraid of it? +_-)))

We were told that a lot of tickets are still available and there isn't much demand for them... Is it so or maybe the firm that buys tickets for Russian fan club just doesn't want us to worry?:huh:

Rau-Kite said:

We will be there... But why are you so afraid of it? +_-)))

We were told that a lot of tickets are still available and there isn't much demand for them... Is it so or maybe the firm that buys tickets for Russian fan club just doesn't want us to worry?:huh:

I was afraid, yes... but I posted it before I bought my tickets... right now I have my precious tickets so the whole Europe could be here and I would not think anything about it.

I think there are still tickets available, but I would not say "many" and that there's no demand for them (those are the fastest selling tickets in history over here)... it's just that we don't have that much brokers/scalpers as in west Europe or U.S. where probably 1/3 of all tickets were bought by them.

bathiu said:

I was afraid, yes... but I posted it before I bought my tickets... right now I have my precious tickets so the whole Europe could be here and I would not think anything about it.

I think there are still tickets available, but I would not say "many" and that there's no demand for them (those are the fastest selling tickets in history over here)... it's just that we don't have that much brokers/scalpers as in west Europe or U.S. where probably 1/3 of all tickets were bought by them.

You're totally right there,mate!!
i can't seem to click on the tickets at shortcut.pl !?"?"What's wrong with it? Plus i emailed them at campus.pl and they said tickets can only be purchased in their shops, not internet sale?!?!!?that sucks...

I'll try to help you and look for places where you can order tickets...

try this:
koncerty@lido.com.pl - ask them if they can send tickets to you (from the info on their site - they say that they're selling tickets in Croatia, Slovenija, Austria, Hungary... so maybe they'll send you the tickets)

I'll search some more and post later...

Good luck :)

We have to deal with brockers/scalpers...:| That company has ordered tickets for Russia and Ukraine, but we don't know exactly when (if???:ohmy:) we will be holding them in our hands. That's disturbing. Hope I'm not disturbing you :wink:

Back
Top Bottom