Anymore dates for N. America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HappyFatBono said:
I would have thought we would start hearing something about additional dates - but I guess we don't even know the opening acts yet...so I won't give up hope!

I think its safe to say that if the band do not announce any new dates by the end of next week, there probably are not going to be any new dates. Looks like the September 26 to October 2 time frame will be used as a break. After that, there is still a possibility of one more Madison Square Garden show, and a possible extra stop in Texas. Then there are few days at the begining of December in the North East. Right now though, I think its highly unlikely they will be adding any more shows to the 3rd leg of the tour.

STING2 said:

I think its safe to say that if the band do not announce any new dates by the end of next week, there probably are not going to be any new dates. Looks like the September 26 to October 2 time frame will be used as a break. After that, there is still a possibility of one more Madison Square Garden show, and a possible extra stop in Texas. Then there are few days at the begining of December in the North East. Right now though, I think its highly unlikely they will be adding any more shows to the 3rd leg of the tour.

your probably right. I think it's terrible though, cause there are quite a few markets they are skipping over.

Calgary/Edmonton
Winnipeg
Indianapolis
Cincinnati/Columbus
Kansas City/Oklahoma City
Memphis/Nashville
San Antonio/Austin

And they would sell these cities out too.

Dr_Macphisto said:

your probably right. I think it's terrible though, cause there are quite a few markets they are skipping over.

Calgary/Edmonton
Winnipeg
Indianapolis
Cincinnati/Columbus
Kansas City/Oklahoma City
Memphis/Nashville
San Antonio/Austin

And they would sell these cities out too.

I agree with you, but I guess they feel 78 shows in North America is enough. Some of these smaller markets could have been played if the band had booked stadiums instead of arena's in the big cities. They could have reached more people with a smaller number of shows. Of course, Calgary/Edmonton and Winnipeg could easily support multiple stadium shows as well.

Calgary/Edmonton

This is a glaring omission. It was like the 5th-6th best u2 market in the whole world back in 1997 - and repeated the interest in 2001.

This is also the ONLY reason I believe they may be short Stadium tour for the America. Even if it's a 20 city "victory lap" tour.

u2fp

I give the announcement a 2 week deadline.

TM usually does not put tickets on sale during a holiday weekend (e.g. Labor Day). So I doubt they would annouce additional dates next week with an on sale date Sat Sept 3. Maybe the week after that with an onsale date of Sept 10.

edgeboy said:
I want more TEXAS shows!!!

...(we only got 2 shows, that's just not fair.:( )

That and the lack of Canadian shows is some small proof that they will do a short stadium victory lap in the states, as stated above.

I don't think they're going to announce any more shows for 2005. Mainly because they want to keep the demand high, so that the 2006 shows sell quickly when they announce those. :wink:

thetitans2k said:
I need more dates. I dont have tickets for anyhting and im dying to see a show.

Ticketsnow.com has tickets for all of U2 shows, but you'll have to pay scalper prices to get them.

OK! I am ready and waiting for the announcement of additional dates Monday.

(no inside info...just wishful thinking ;) )

I think the third leg is probably all booked for dates. Now we just gotta hope for a another north american leg of the tour.

...So if we do get more shows will it just be a few stadium shows
or will be like a another arena leg? What do you guy think?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom