Any chance of a return to North America in 2006???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, they already have Monterrey on February 12th and Mexico City on February 15th. Based on info I've been reading, I don't expect another show in the U.S. except Honolulu.

I heard they were going to do a tour of North Dakota.

i know around these parts (boston) there have been rumors of a possible gillete stadium appearance sometime in the summer....so you never know

Who knows...maybe they're itching to play a few stadiums in the States one last time...? It's been a while, and may never happen again.

I hope so....because U2 didn't play enough of North America. :sigh:

:wink:

I'd like them to, but don't think it's going to happen. Besides, the rest of the world deserves a chance to see them.

The reason I asked is I live in Winnipeg, Canada (a place U2 played during the Popmart tour and it was a SELL OUT) - This time around they seemed to ignore Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg. Just hoping that's all - so keep your snotty comments to yourself .

Hope

Harry Vest said:
The reason I asked is I live in Winnipeg, Canada (a place U2 played during the Popmart tour and it was a SELL OUT) - This time around they seemed to ignore Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg. Just hoping that's all - so keep your snotty comments to yourself .

MMM... so you're thinking...NA 1, Europe, NA2, Aus/NZ/JAP, Mexico, South America... WINNIPEG, EDMONTON, CALGARY...

If they were to come back, Calgary would get it, and the chances that Calgary gets it are 1 zillion - 1... But if you want hope... There is STILL that 1 in a zillion that you can hope for.

Ps. I'm a snotty Edmontonian...

Dr. Lemonseed said:
Who knows...maybe they're itching to play a few stadiums in the States one last time...? It's been a while, and may never happen again.

One last time? May never happen again?

Explain

Dr. Lemonseed said:

:scream:

They should do a summer stadium tour of Canada only ... since they actually sold out stadiums during the Popmart tour. I don't think the U.S. really deserves it :) (im sooo getting in shit for that comment)

mikal said:
yeah, i personally think the U.S. got screwed this year. they better come back.

:no: the States didn't get screwed. You got two legs with indoor shows and more variation in setlists compared to Europe (1 leg, no variation at all, except for the Dublin dates and Amsterdam 3)

Okay, You didn't get to see the outdoor production, which kicked ass :drool: :drool: Man, thinking back of Brussels; I was dumbfounded by the screen you could look through.... I was even more amazed when I saw the screen in full glory.. mega impressive...

....back to the subject; I'd love to see U2 back in Europe for a, let's say, 54 date indoor tour (weren't these rumours floating around last summer), but honestly I think it will be over after Australia, N-Zealand, South-America and Japan..

...BTW, If I lived in the States I would buy me plane ride to Monterrey.... you'll be able to see the big screen there.... ;)

when he said the usa got screwed i would think hes just having a laugh. canada has the most u2 fans per capita of any country.

I think a short multi city Stadium tour is possible, but i doubt it would include multiple dates in canada

my guess would be something like

LA
ST Louis
Chicago
NY
Philly
DC

and some other places but most of this is just wishful thinking

and i remember after elevation we were all convinced they were touring Europe in the summer of 2002

there is no way they'll tour North America after the 4th leg. I'd be really surprised.

Back
Top Bottom