Aloha Stadium is asking for feedback...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Not sure if this was posted anywhere else here, but I found the following via the u2.com board...

HOLA!!!!! everyone

Well, most of you are back and its time to unpack, do laundry and write reviews. One of them should be to the Aloha Stadium Management, as they have requested a review of their performance and organization for the show. Now, remember that there are 3 security forces there, the Stadium’s which where the ushers in the Hawaiian shirts, U2’s security headed up by Scott Nichols, and the tour promoters security company (they guys in the security guard uniforms that were outside in the pens or in the pit between the rail and the stage).

Mr. Scott L. Chan requested that fans write to him about their experience at the show and how they can improve, as they have not had a concert there in 4 years, and they lack experience.

Please keep your review TO THE POINT, clear, concise, and preferably 1 page. If there was a specific incident and you need to go over its ok. If you had a good experience, then say so, if it was bad, then say so, but also give them ideas on how that should be fixed. Try to be specific, and hopefully if enough of us comment/complain, things will change.

Below are the fax number and email of Mr. Chan and also the information for the Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau so you can send a copy of your letter to them also, as it helps to have some oversight. I have found that hardcopy letters (via mail or fax) get the best response, but emailing also works.

You all know, I will be writing a letter, hope you all do too

Baja

Mr. Scott L. Chan
Acting Deputy Stadium Manager
Aloha Stadium
PO BOX 30666
Honolulu, HI 96820-0666

FAX: (808) 483-2823
scott.l.chan@hawaii.gov

Hawaii Visitors & Convention Bureau
2270 Kalakaua Avenue, Suite 801
Honolulu, HI 96815

Email: info@hvcb.org

This seems really out of the ordinary. I want to buy Mr. Chan a big ol' beer and thank him for caring.

Good for them!

Wow, as much as I complained about the lack of organization, it speaks a lot of them that they want feedback! That is the first time in ages. That kicks ass. I'll send them a very professional critique, but make clear that I am very appreciative of their desire to meet our needs.

I'll send an email too. I'm impressed that they even care enough to ask what we think. Very nice.

Typing out a fax. Basically saying what happened to me, the pros, the cons, what I would do differently, and then talking about the water bottle incident that I thought was ridiculous (if you weren't there, a fan was treated like shit and another almost got thrown out for defending her). Besides this incident, I said they were way more accommodating than I'd expected, but would recommend that they communicate better/earlier on with fans because the way they ushered us into the pens gave us certain expectations about how we would be ushered out and then we were basically told "every man for himself". I said they shouldn't worry about the numbers at the front because anything bad that came out of that is the result of us FANS and really isn't their problem since they made it clear the stadium opened at 6pm.

Back
Top Bottom