ALL Hawaii shows discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imarocker said:

I'd call a travel agent & ask them to look into both ways..then decide

I don't know any travel agents, and I don't trust them (or calling out of the blue by searching the yellow pages). Someone here must travel alot, no? :hmm:

Lila64 said:
Does anyone know the answer to this?
Is it cheaper to get a package deal (airfare/hotel and car) or to get each service separately? That's where I'm lost... :help:

If you can get the air nailed down, I would make the rest on your own. We rarely do packages, but this time we did because I was really concerned about flight availability and pricing given its spring break and U2 all at once. Honolulu has so many rooms you should be fine getting lodging. I use Hotels.com alot. They have access to the lowest rates, generally, and you can view all hotel availability at one time. Renting a car will be no problem. I use budget and enterprise.

Lila64 said:

I don't know any travel agents, and I don't trust them (or calling out of the blue by searching the yellow pages). Someone here must travel alot, no? :hmm:

what's not to trust, after they give you the info you look into it yourself. The only thing is they have access to charter flights which can be cheaper because they want the plane full. Went to Vegas on time for $160 RT

try funjet dot com

Last edited:
I'm reupping my membership which should give me a new code.

as for the traveling part, I've been all around the country to see Springsteen over 40 shows..not many by some of the people I've met, will add to that total later this year when He brings the band back on tour.

U2Girl1978 said:
Is it even worth it to renew my membership at u2.com? I don't have any pre-sale code so it probably means I'm screwed trying to get tix for Hawaii.

I don't know how worthwhile renewing your membership will be, since there are no presale codes. I renewed because I'm a geek, but we'll see.

I finally got the cd rom last week, and that's kinda cool. Nothing new, but there are a few screensavers and wallpapers, if you're into that kind of thing.

Lila64 said:
there's no new codes for renewing u2.com membership

< :madwife: at husband

I just answered your PM Lila.

And there is no new code for renewing your U2.com membership. I haven't even checked out the dc that was the bonus for renewing. I think a friend of mine has an unused code. Is there gboing to be a presale though? (Sorry I've been buried at work and no time till my lunch break now to catch up).

U2Girl1978 said:
Is it even worth it to renew my membership at u2.com? I don't have any pre-sale code so it probably means I'm screwed trying to get tix for Hawaii.

No- there's no more codes for new renewals. I actually think it'll be OK though. In the stadium there's way more GA tix, plus Hawaii as a whole is so laid back they probably won't match the fervor of the rest us - and a lot will be going for seats. I'm cautiously optimistic just going through tickemaster online. plus of course we'll be calling at the same time, and there's always ETS to fall back on.

U2Girl1978 said:
So then that's it. I don't want to waste $40 on a website I don't even go on anymore.

would have been $32 for me with the discount..I only signed up for the code originally, so no new code aloha u2.com

Anyone traveling from Oklahoma or Flyingin to Honolulu from Houston on April 5th? We're on the 9:35am flight from houston to Honolulu.

"The stadium has been reserved for April 7, 8 and 9, allowing for set-up, a single concert, and break-down, said a source close to the deal, who asked not to be named because the source is not authorized to make an announcement.

As many as 60,000 could be accommodated for an April 8 show. The concert promoters may sell general admission tickets, at about $50, for the grass zone closest to the Aloha Stadium stage, with higher-priced reserved tickets in the fixed seats in the stands.

Clear Channel Entertainment is promoting U2's U.S. playdates, and the Irish band has been breaking box office records on its current tour"

only 1 show :( MAY sell ga's??

I used ATA when I was flying from Philly to Chicago to see my guy. Use SWA now since ATA no longer flies into Philly but ATA is a great airline.

Im STILL working on my bf to convince him to go to Hawaii. Have been told so far that I am obsessed with U2. Now where would he ever get that idea from? :giggle: Hopefully I will be able to put all of the great tips on here to use.

BonosBaby12 said:
Im STILL working on my bf to convince him to go to Hawaii. Have been told so far that I am obsessed with U2. Now where would he ever get that idea from? :giggle: Hopefully I will be able to put all of the great tips on here to use.
Remember our little tanning session we are suppose to conduct? :sexywink:
You've got to come. I can't do this by myself :madwife: Or maybe I could :hmm:

u2forlife said:
Remember our little tanning session we are suppose to conduct? :sexywink:
You've got to come. I can't do this by myself :madwife: Or maybe I could :hmm:

Oh :yes: I remember that tanning session! Stocked up on my tanning lotion as soon as I found out this concert was a go,hehe. Communicating through e-mail with him right now at work about the issue at hand,lol.

You can do it by yourself huh? We will see about that one :evil: That's A LOT of Bono to handle! :drool:

BonosBaby12 said:
I used ATA when I was flying from Philly to Chicago to see my guy. Use SWA now since ATA no longer flies into Philly but ATA is a great airline.

Who could refuse an invitation to go somewhere hot and tropical?! U2 just so happens to be the icing on the cake! :D

Lila, the advantage of booking a package is that sometimes you can get a lower price (try travelocity.com, expedia.com) but the disadvantage is you pre-pay. Sometimes i find it better to pay for airfare and then i have a couple of months to pay for hotel later.

if you send me the exact info i'd be happy to do some research for you tonight--dates, where you want to fly out of, etc.

ATA was cheaper than Continental but I use Continental for my overseas flights because I collect miles...so I opted for a slightly higher price. I fly out of LA on the morning of the 6th and return the evening of the 10th.

I'm pretty convinced there will be a second show. yay!

ruffian said:
Lila, the advantage of booking a package is that sometimes you can get a lower price (try travelocity.com, expedia.com) but the disadvantage is you pre-pay. Sometimes i find it better to pay for airfare and then i have a couple of months to pay for hotel later.

:yes:

I was really tempted to get a package deal through expedia, but I didn't have enough $ right now to pre-pay, so I got the airline tickets first (and on my Visa :reject: ).

Also, if your interested in a particular hotel, check out their website. Some hotels have internet rates that are lower than their standard rates.

Last edited:
ruffian said:

if you send me the exact info i'd be happy to do some research for you tonight--dates, where you want to fly out of, etc.

ATA was cheaper than Continental but I use Continental for my overseas flights because I collect miles...so I opted for a slightly higher price. I fly out of LA on the morning of the 6th and return the evening of the 10th.

I'm pretty convinced there will be a second show. yay!

Ruff how much was that flight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom