8 Tic. Limit For All 4 Toronto Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Soar

War Child
I’m hearing that there is a 8 ticket limit per person for all 4 Toronto shows! (not counting pre-sale obtained tickets)

I’m over the limit but I received an e-mail confirmation from TM for all of my tickets. Should I just keep quiet and hope it’s overlooked and that they’re mailed? Or should I try calling TM and having 3 of them switched to a different credit card number and address?

Don't say anything unless they actually cancel your tickets.

If you call them and ask you're setting yourself up for big disappointment as they'll probably proactively address your situation.

Don't call them.

That way you have a chance they won't cancel your tix. If you do call, they will cancel them.

Yeah, I just saw that on Ticketmaster too... very strange, it would be the only place like that. Are you sure that pre-sale tickets don't count?

oceane said:
Yeah, I just saw that on Ticketmaster too... very strange, it would be the only place like that. Are you sure that pre-sale tickets don't count?

Well if they count, then I'd lose half of the 4 GAs I got through Prop, which is utterly ridiculous. TM has no right to cancel tickets which were legitimately obtained through the pre-sale. That's a deal you have with U2.com.

ETA: Check your credit card statement. I've already been billed for the presale tickets, so the way I see it, there shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe call Ticketmaster anonymously from a different phone and ask if it's possible to switch part of your order to a different credit card #. Then you'll know, and still have the chance that they may not notice. However, in another thread someone was saying that they called Ticketmaster and Ticketmaster said that all excess orders would be cancelled. So I would try the anonymous thing.

Someone had bought too many GA's for different shows today but called TM and switched it over to my cc and my billing address. No problem whatsoever!

They'll do it for you - don't take a chance that they get cancelled.

Also - the limit includes public sales purchases only - this is now specified on the site and was also told to my friend by a TM rep directly.

My dad got GAs online this morning and ordered them with his credit card for the Wednesday Toronto show.

Then I got GAs online this morning and ordered them with my credit card for the Friday Toronto show.

Do you think they will cancel our orders because we live at the same billing address? (Which would definitely not be fair, because they were for different people with different credit cards!)

No, they won't cancel that because you have legal standing there.

Their posted public policy is 2 GA per person not "per household".

Wow, already eh?

I JUST called minutes ago and had one of my orders moved to another credit card at a different billing address. Doesn't sound like they're wasting any time!

I've been reading other posts, and it sounds like I just got the mean Ticketmaster rep. I called in to switch my credit card and he said he was going to cancel one of my shows right then. And he did. Other people have said that they hung up and called until they got a rep that would switch for them. This guy didn't give me the chance.

Back
Top Bottom