4th leg in Europe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Doubt it, America will get spoiled with another leg, this time stadium shows, and then hopefully the rest of the world (Asia, Australia, New Zeland, South America) will get a look in after that (and rightly so may I add). Unless they bring out another album in the meantime like Zooropa during the ZooTV gigs I wouldn't expect anymore shows from them. I also have a feeling they won't do arena's in Europe again for a long time.

The 4th leg of the tour is Australia, plus Japan most likely. South America, Mexico and perhaps a return to the US could happen and will either be part of the 4th leg or their own 5th leg. It is doubtful that there will be a 6th leg for a return to Europe.

that's what i've found on u2tours:

Rumors: Brazil / Europe 2006
Jornal de Commercio
July 27, 2005
Brazil's Jornal de Commercio ran a short story today showing a photo of Bono meeting with Culture Minister (and singer) Gilberto Gil, and reporting that Bono told Gil U2 will play Brazil in 2006 after the band plays in Europe. The article also says Bono would like Gil to join the band on stage. (Thx GG and LM)

PhunkPhorce said:
that's what i've found on u2tours:

Rumors: Brazil / Europe 2006
Jornal de Commercio
July 27, 2005
Brazil's Jornal de Commercio ran a short story today showing a photo of Bono meeting with Culture Minister (and singer) Gilberto Gil, and reporting that Bono told Gil U2 will play Brazil in 2006 after the band plays in Europe. The article also says Bono would like Gil to join the band on stage. (Thx GG and LM)

If they play Mexico and South America, they will also play the US again.

No America next year Larry has aready said Europe again next year after Australia and rightly so.

This Eorpean leg has gone much better than they hoped the demand far out exceeds the amount of dates they have done.

About bloody time as well!!:wink:

Bono's Tart said:
No America next year Larry has aready said Europe again next year after Australia and rightly so.

This Eorpean leg has gone much better than they hoped the demand far out exceeds the amount of dates they have done.

About bloody time as well!!:wink:

That remains to be seen. Perhaps they will do Australia and Europe and that will be it. But rumors persist on Mexico and South America - that means some dates in the US as well. Don't kill the messenger.

Amersfoort said:

Why. That makes no sense to me. Please explain.

Because the shows are too tempting - easy sellouts and $$$. I can't see them playing Mexico without playing additional dates in the U.S. Maybe not a major leg, but IF they play Mexico, some additional U.S. dates are bound to happen.

Johnovox said:

Because the shows are too tempting - easy sellouts and $$$. I can't see them playing Mexico without playing additional dates in the U.S. Maybe not a major leg, but IF they play Mexico, some additional U.S. dates are bound to happen.

Still don''t get it, but time will tell.

Amersfoort said:

Still don''t get it, but time will tell.

...money makes the world go round, Amersfoort.. If U2 plays, let's say, an oudoor leg (with the big screen) in South America and wrap that part up in Mexico city.. It's easy to cross the border and play a series of shows in the U.S.A. ....There's a big demand for tickets and the outdoor production is new for the US... Besides, there's word on the street that the band want to bring the outdoor production to the States...

As a European (Zwolle, Holland) I'd love to see the band back in Europe next year. Word about that on the streets is a 54 date indoor tour.... Wonder what that would mean for Holland... I mean, The Elevation Tour was an indoor tour, but we got the crappy Gelredome shows instead of Ahoy... (I enjoyed it though).....

However, where 2006 is concerned, we just have to wait and see...

Okay, I give in. I just couldn't stand the thought of the US getting 3 legs and 120+ dates (Sorry Johnovox, nothing personal :wink: )

It does makes sense though now (thanks wtonis) that if they do Mexico outdoors they'll also do the US outdoors.

I'm just not sure they will do it at all. I mean, if all the words on the street are true, they will tour constantly for about 2 years +. They haven't done that since ZooTV/Zooropa (and that was because they had a new album out). And let's face it, they are not getting any younger. They also have families they want to spent time with.

If they do it and don't get me wrong I really hope so. I hope they will do it because they enjoy it and not because of the money and profits.

Amersfoort - no offense taken. I understand that the U2 have neglected some other spots recently by playing more US shows than we probably deserve. Personally I just hope they return to the US because I completely missed them this last time due to a myriad of ticket snafus. So yes I am hoping for 2006 as well. Hopefully next year they will play AUS/NZ, South America, Mexico, US and finish in Europe fall 2006.

Another article about U2 coming back to Europe:

In english...

Raja negotiates a U2 concert for the next year's spring

The councilman Town hall of Gijon, Iván Alvarez Raja, met yesterday in San Sebastian the producers of the European tour of the group of rock U2 to analyze the possibilities that The Molinón (the stadium) receives in the spring of 2006 a concert of the Irish band that leads Bono.

http://servicios.elcomerciodigital.com/pg050810/actualidad/asturias/200508/10/u2.html

Hope they will come back to the Netherlands.

But not in the Amsterdam Arena. NO WAY!!

what's the most important thing at a Rock concert? the SOUND of course. They gave everything at their third Amsterdam Show. I attended it and the band was in an amazing shape...But the sound was horrible!
I can't believe it, the biggest band in the world playing at their best and the sound sucked!!! Why not at another place. they're big enough to say: "Feyenoord stadium or no show" like Bruce Springsteen did a few years ago. He refused to play at the Arena, and the show in De Kuip was amazing!!! It sounded perfectly, everything was very clear, you could hear every word...
sory it's already a month ago, but I still can't believe it...

phommel said:
Why not at another place. they're big enough to say: "Feyenoord stadium or no show" like Bruce Springsteen did a few years ago.

From what I understand it is usually the artist who wants to play in Amsterdam. Amsterdam is the capital city and has more "allure´ than Rotterdam.
Even Bono is sensitive for that. You can hear him say how great it is to play in Amsterdam again after all those years. During the first night of the Elevation Tour in Arnhem he even calls Arnhem Amsterdam.

For the people who live in Holland it doesn´t matter whether they play in Amsterdam or Rotterdam (I prefer The Kuip also), but for an artist it is much cooler to say ´I played in Amsterdam´than Rotterdam or Arnhem. It also looks much beter on a t-shirt.

hmmm... you think the city or the t-shirt is more important than the sound? Don't think so, but maybe you're right sice almost every artist (or clearchannel) seems to choose for Amsterdam...

About possible summer concerts in Europe...there's one little problem maybe...The Rolling Stones. Although I think U2 is bigger than the Stones in Europe ...But some people have to make a choice (not a difficult one imo)

Grtz, Pascal.

Where the sound at the Arena is concerned, I've got some advice for you guys. Buy yourselves some proper earplugs.... When you visit rock concerts on a regular basis (I see about 2 shows each month) it's good to have some earprotection..
three years ago I bought professional earplugs. With the plugs the soundmix at the Amsterdam arena was chrystal clear !! I did take them out during the show a few times and you're right... the sound wasn't good... the plugs kind of roam of the top layers of sound and noise...... as i said, with my plugs the sound was great...
..enjoyed all three shows.... hope to see them back next year....

Thanks for the tip wtonis. Now that you mention it, I totally forgot about it, but I instinctly put my fingers in my ears a couple of times during the concert. The sound was indeed better then.

Not to mention the protection you get from getting a hearing damage.

BTW you don't hear me complaining about the sound quality. I stood at the left target on both nights and could hear everything very well.

What do you mean?

Maybe my English isn't that good. What I meant is that when you wear earplugs, your hearing doesn't get damaged from the loud noise.

Or maybe you're just making fun of me. Well in that case... :madspit: ( :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom