3rd DUBLIN SHOW ON SALE RIGHT NOW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just hang in there, im sure you'll get the tix...

besides, it sounds corny, but a concerts NEVER "sold out"! there are so many packages, and radio contests etc...many wont need the tix anymore so from time to time they'll be released (on ticketmaster or elsewhere)...

i was always fortunate to get tix to u2 concerts, some even in front of stadium (for a fair price or even below!!!). if u WANT to get in, you will get in! :)

good luck

MrBTH said:
Ah Dizzy man, my sympathy for you has just gone down the drain! Thought you had no tickets at all the way you were going on....
http://forum.interference.com/t123677.html
Two good tickets for the saturday night!!? U lucky fecker...
well i am not suprised, how can someone be so pissed when they already have tickets to see them on the first 2 dublin shows? some people are lucky just to get to one,

crazy

Good Luck everybody trying for tickets..

Hopefully like the other European shows there will be another release of tickets further down the line.

Wish I was going :( but Cardiff and London ain't bad so I can't really complain :)

Someone posted a rumour that tix would go on sale at 9am today in another forum
That was me.
I had a tip off last night from a friend but I wasnt 100% sure,only 95%.
I got two Ga just after nine fifteen.
A friend of mine just went to a local Ticketmaster agent in Ireland and he was told they are all sold out.
He was just behind a high profile Irish rugby player who bought 10 tickets.
It seems they were accepting multiple transactions of 2 tickets.
Defeats the whole purpose of 2 per person.
That is ridiculous .

Got tickets too, and just have to thank the foresight of a ticketmaster that I won't name for printing out tickets early in the morning cos they knew there'd be such a demand. Walked in at 11.20 and got tickets but only for Cusack Lower (great spot to watch GAA from but I'm not sure about U2!). She even kept them for me while I went to get money cos they wouldn't take laser! I think that this was done a lot better than the last time - which was a farce - but there really isn't any way around it irritating somebody. I've always found it weird when I look at reports that say gigs in the US sold out in ''under 24 hours" when there's only 20,000 odd tickets on sale. And here 240,000 tickets go in a total of about five hours! Mad. Should be a great day though. My comiserations to anyone who missed out, but if you know any residents near Croker you should ask them, surely, given that it's a Monday night, they'll have been given the sweetest pay off to persuade them to agree to it going ahead.

Ok, things seem to be getting a bit crazy here.
First off i wanna apologise again for my previous outburst, it was a bit uncalled for, but let me go some way to explain it...

I'm the only internet user out of 5 or 6 diehard U2 fans, one of whom, my uncle, saw U2 in Croke Park the last time they played there (87 i think), and so as a result i have been tasked with sorting everyone out since queuing for hours at the release of the first night tickets (Also the release date of the second night tickets, which no one was aware of until 8am, when they sold out!) had only limited success.

Seeing 4 school girls in front us leave with 24 GA's in total (2 hours after confessing that they didn't know the title of any album previous to ATYCLB) helps only to rub salts in the wounds of a true fan.

I don't mean to preach. I'm sure all of us here have experienced something similar, and there is nothing wrong with the band securing new fans, but some of the decisions lately have only served to alienate the true fans rather than accomodate them, and this annoys me somewhat.

MrBTH i've got a few tickets for the first night, but not for the second night as you think, my post on the other thread was poorly worded. Despite having these tickets at least 3 of us will be disappointed and i will most likely be one of them as i am the youngest member of the group, i wouldn't feel right of robbing some of the older lads who have been there right from the start.

Rant over.

Once again sorry for any misunderstanding or offense i may of caused, i'm just pissed that we've missed out yet again.

Got my tickets... with Mullen4Prez on night 1...

and now with my Dad on night3... and he saw them when they played here first exactly 20 years beforehand (2 days off 20 years)

I CAN't WAIT!!!!!!

Fano said:

A friend of mine just went to a local Ticketmaster agent in Ireland and he was told they are all sold out.
He was just behind a high profile Irish rugby player who bought 10 tickets.

Hey if that is true, it is just disgusting is'nt it. One thing I cannot stand about Dublin is if you are in with the minor celeb clique any rules are pushed aside and you get preferential treatment. I would have gone apeshit if I was behind him in the queue. No Way!

Oh and I am also delighted that the sale happened like this. Even it was 2 per person only and pre-announced I am sure the touts would have been organised with even more scanger kids like last time arriving in buses and skipping the queues to buy 2 each.

I think it was totally fair that the majority of tickets were sold at outlets and only limited online and over the phone. It gave us Irish a better chance this time around, after being rightly screwed over last time. Do you know how sick I was - as a Dub - reading here about lots of people from abroad getting Dublin tickets. It wsa stomach churning.

But all's well that ends well in my case anyway.

Hey if that is true, it is just disgusting is'nt it
Oh its true allright.
It was in Cork not Dublin.
Only one girl working there and I'm sure she wasnt sure of the regulations so I wouldnt be too harsh on her.
Werent many people around at the time.
The player in question isnt very big ,under 12 stone (Hint) .

Last edited:
....hang on....he's got big mates, tickets were probably for big mal o'kelly and paul'o connell....if he's that short he'll need to have someone tall to sit on their shoulders!

Absolute disgrace. I was going to queue all night for tickets. I missed the news, and now they're all gone. McGuinness is talking búllshit. The only "fans" it helps are those who happen to beside the radio or whatever. The real fans were willing to queue all night to get tickets, in a FAIR way.

So now I have either the choice of not attending or pay well over the odds for tickets :mad:

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Absolute disgrace. I was going to queue all night for tickets. I missed the news, and now they're all gone. McGuinness is talking búllshit. The only "fans" it helps are those who happen to beside the radio or whatever. The real fans were willing to queue all night to get tickets, in a FAIR way.

So now I have either the choice of not attending or pay well over the odds for tickets :mad:

I dont agree or disagree with your frustration. However, I will note that it was reported on these boards well beforehand that tickets were going on sale today at 9 am GMT.

On the Irish News This Morning:

Being reported by the Daily Mirror that U2 are now planning a 4th Croke Park gig.

That's right folks, a 4th gig apparently on the Tuesday. Wait & see.....

Hello?
It was in the Mirror which is a complete joke of a paper.
I wouldn't start getting excited yet......

Just reporting the gossip. True what you say about the Mirror being a joke although they were right on the 3rd gig.

I bought tickets for Glasgow after missing out on the first 2 Croke Park gigs. I was going to see if I could swap them with someone for any of the Croker gigs but I've decided to hang onto them. I'll get to see U2 live the Tuesday night before the Dublin gigs.

Yeah, I was going to buy Glasgow tickets at the time but really wanted Dublin to be my first gig as it will be the special one.

Just a thought - isn't Croke Park only allowed 3 non GAA events a year. I could almost swear thats the deal!

Back
Top Bottom