3rd Date at Croke Park-2 Ticket Limit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fano

The Fly
Paul Mc Guinness stated on Irish radio that there will be a 2 ticket limit per person for the June 27th concert at Croke Park unlike the farcical 6 tickets per person earlier .
This is very good news as it means alot more genuine fans will get tickets.
6 tickets per person is a disgrace and plays right into the hands of touts.

I think that this is good news, as it gives more fans the chance the chance to get tickets at face value.

Even though I live in England, and would love to go to a second Dublin show, IMHO it would be a great idea to release all 80,000 tickets for personal callers only, at outlets all over Dublin, having announced in advance which cities get how many, ie Dublin 40,000, Cork 10,000 Galaway 5,000, Westport 2,000 etc etc etc

A two ticket limit should prevent the show from selling out so quickly. In order to get tickets, at least 40,000 people will have to make an attempt while with the previous ticket limit less than 15,000 purchases at the full limit would sellout the show.

Joshua_Tree_Hugger said:
Any word on when the tickets go on sale? I wonder does the 2 ticket thing mean I won't have to queue as early this time.

I second that, anyone know when they're on sale yet? I heard from an inside source (friend whose brother works for U2) that it would be end of this week, but apparently no official info yet.

I've hear from a number of sources that they will go onsale 9am Irish time Sat 7th May with no pre warning.
Will have to wait and see.

Joy Joy, have plenty of tickets for me to go on Monday and to trade for better seats/Pitch for Friday and Saturday. It's a beautiful day!!!

YESSS!
Got 4 standing and 2 seated for 27th.
Now I'm debating whether I'll give 2 spare standing to my sister or try and swap them for 24th

Fano said:

Well I was right

Sincere thanks to you fano, if you hadn't posted that, I'd have def missed out...i decided to check out TM at 9am...just in case :)

:hmm:

So there are people with tickets to Monday and in search of tickets for Friday...

*has an extra one for the 24th that he wants to trade*

Ah dammit... this is the first time I have seen this thread!! Been checking out the general tour info assuming that any rumours/info about the final Dublin date ticketsales would be in there... Ah well, just yet more bad luck!

If anyone has extra GA tickets that they would like to sell for a fair price (ie face value or over but not extortionately so) I'd be so happy to hear from you. Missed out on the first two dates despite camping out all night - tickets sold out when I was 10 from the front of the queue. And I had absolutely no idea or warning that the monday tickets were going on sale today... A good mate managed to get two seated tickets but they are total nosebleeds and at opposite sides of the stadium. Better than nothing but we'd be willing to buy two GA's from someone and give them the two seated tickets as well as the money.... Talk about desperation eh!

Anyway email me on bhagan@eircom.net if you can help out! Thanks!

Cheers jesseu2 and UKTan.
Happy to help out fellow U2 fans.
I was just heading out last night when I decided to check my email and my contact gave me the info on the sale today.
Otherwise I'd have missed it and I'd have been very upset.
I got two GA tickets so I'm looking forward to it.
Its been a long road getting tickets for this tour with my presale code not working and a few other mishaps but its all stations go now.

Back
Top Bottom