2U cover band in Boston question....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JR#9

The Fly
I was thinking of going to the ETS preparty on dec 4th in Boston and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the cover band that plays there as well as the atmosphere of the place and just how close it is to the Fleetcenter.

Also I understand 2U goes on AFTER the show as well?Has anybody gone back after the show and what did you think of the post show?

Thanks in advance

Also, does anybody know just how far the bar is from the TD north?

2U is playing at The Times, which is about a mile away from the Garden.

Joshua Tree Band is playing at The Harp, which is right across the street from the Garden.

I've seen and recommend them both. Joshua Tree Band is a little better sounding, but 2U dresses like the band, which makes it seem more "real" (I guess that only makes a difference to little kids and people that have had more than a few drinks, both of which would think they're seeing the real deal)

unless you have to pick up your tickets from ETS, the hulkster recomends you see the Joshua Tree instead, brother.

true, 2U "dresses" like the band (if you consider a bono who never takes off his backwards military hat because he'd look nothing like bono without it on "dressing like the band") but Joshua Tree are better, in the hulkster's honest opinion.

say your prayers, eat your vitamins.

-the hulkster

Does the Harp get TOO packed being that it's right across from the TD?

And do they have an after show party as well like the ETS one at The Times?

One last question, I promise, what time do these guys start the preshow gigs, 5pm or so?

Thanks so much in advcance.

Saw 2U on 10/7 after the U2 show, at BB King in NY. From a reasonable distance, you would actually do a double-take and swear it was really Bono performing COBL in the opening (especially looking at "Bono's" profile - dead ringer). He's pretty good except in his upper register, where he was really off-tune. The singer's also really fond of being Bono's SBS lifting-the-splayed-hands-slowly-above-the-head-in-surrender pose, but I'd recommend checking them out once, just to hype yourself up about the concert, or to maintain the high if you've just left from one. :)

Hey, bud! Yeah, 2U were rather amusing at BB King's. I actually think if given the option (and keep in mind I've never seen Joshua Tree) it sounds like Joshua Tree's the better option. Several people here have said that they're the better band, and while it's kind of funny seeing the whole dressed up like the boys thing, it's also kind of tacky (and actually a bit sad, imho). I'm sure you'll have a good time either way...though after hearing 2U, Bad will never be the same for me (shudder), and I don't know if that's a risk you're willing to take! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom