10/8 MSG GA Logistics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partygirl33

The Fly
I know this has been answered but I can't find it through all the postings...maybe somebody can provide a link to the discussion?

What time do they start letting the GA line in?
IF I get there at 6:30 is that too late to find a reasonable spot? Might I still get beeped into the ellipse?

Thanks...sorry for asking questions that have been covered somewhere...

Last edited:
the beeping is random... doesn't matter what time you show up.

GA isn't supposed to be let in until 7:00pm, but i do believe they let them in at 6pm yesterday because of the threatening weather.

friends of mine who got to the GA line yesterday at 2:00 were in the low 100s on the GA lineup.

if you get there around 6:30, you'll have no chance at getting a spot on the rail, but you could probably get to within 5-10 feet of the ramp.

i'd suggest hanging out in the back left corner of the floor if you can't get close to the rail... by the VIP section. many many celebs hangin' out back there last night. was pretty cool.

partygirl33 said:
I know this has been answered but I can't find it through all the postings...maybe somebody can provide a link to the discussion?

What time do they start letting the GA line in?
IF I get there at 6:30 is that too late to find a reasonable spot? Might I still get beeped into the ellipse?

Thanks...sorry for asking questions that have been covered somewhere...

Yesterday the let us into the building around 6pm, onto the floor around 715pm. To answer your questions. YES and YES. You will probably get a decent spot (3-5 from rail outside) and YES you can get in the ellipse

Thanks you guys! I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was there last night- 3rd row seats next to the Edge. Amazing!!

I got there after 9 pm. I was at times about 10-12 feet from the center ellipse. I did not have shove to get that close. Frankly, the MSG floor was undersold. There was room for at least another 250 people on the back of the floor. Eventually, when I have time, I'll post all the video I took. I have GA's tonight as well, and do not expect to get there before 8 pm. The point is that do not fret if you can't get there early. The view is better from the back of the floor than closer especially given the ogers that were out in full force last night! (FWIW, I'm 5'11 and I felt I was 3 inches shorter than the average height last night!!!)

MTEdge said:
The view is better from the back of the floor than closer

meh... i think the view from up close is just fine and dandy...

msg2b.JPG

Just do what you want/feel like doing. If you want to go and wait all day, then do that.

If you are just as happy to stand at the back, no problem.

I did not get the lucky Vertigo scan on Friday so I stood at the back by the sound board and found a Vertigo wrist band and my feet during Bullet, so I got to go in and watch the rest of the concert from six rows back in the ellipse.

Saturday, I joined the line at about 6:15pm and got 2nd row on the outside rail of the ellipse.

You don't have to go really early to get good spots.

Back
Top Bottom