1 day before a show, tickets are so cheap!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bodnex

The Fly
Is this always the case? I had a look for tickets for Detroit tomorrow night, and saw that there was 2 GA tickets going for $61, with an hour to go.

Now, is this always the case, or were those tickets very cheap to get anyway, maybe not much demand for U2 in Detroit? It seems very wierd, seeing as 2 GAs for Portland are going for around $700 now. Might they go down just before the show too?

Last edited:
I'm from Detroit and seeing my first U2 show tomorrow.

We didn't get a second show for Elevation.

We probably don't deserve a second show for Vertigo, but especally as I'm going to both, I'm not complaining.

There isn't enough demand for the supply. The scalpers are desperate, just as many predicted they would be.

Most other cities do love U2 enough to sell out two or more shows. Detroit...is the city to see for almost free! Wish we had more to see...

Yeah, the economy took a hit on peoples wallets so the scalpers are getting scalped themselves bigtime. I'm kind of worried about the crowd Tuesday. Hope it isn't a small crowd. There was about 43,000 for a Silverdome Zoo TV show in 1992 and around 40,000 for the Popmart show in 1997 at the Silverdome.

Last edited:
I got two excellent balcony seats for Boston 10/3 the Saturday before the show (on a Monday) for FIFTY DOLLARS. Well, plus the $20 expedited shipping, but they were totally worth it.

i was looking at detroit & it seemed they were really cheap compared to a lot of other places. alot of canadians will cross the border to go. but even so whats up with detroit. i would say buffalo will be 50/50 mix of canucks & americans

Yep I keep telling folks to be on the lookout cuz tix for each show this leg have dropped at box offices and at Ticketbastard before the shows. eBay has had tickets for below face also. Just have to faithfully keep checking.

Somewhat unrelated - but I have a parking question about this venue: Is it possible to avoid the $16 parking fee that the Palace charges? Can you park in the surrounding area and walk over without getting towed?

It's $10 per car, per event. Your taking your chances parking across the street at some of the bars. I would pay the $10 and park near the exits so you can get out quickly.

um certain locations are always high demand so it depends on what show you want to go to. For instance, the LA shows, Vegas shows are still VERY HIGH priced on ebay and other sites (i know cuz I am desperately trying to find a LA2 ticket). I don't see prices going down if at all. I am sure that ticketbastard will have some kind of ticket drop for these and being able to buy at the box office though.

I got a couple of ga's for vegas 4 on e-bay for a very high price and I'm gonna try the box office for ga's for 5 when i get there.:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom