Zoo Tv DVD's effect on the remaining sets?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2vertigofly

ONE love, blood, life
Does anyone think that with upcoming release of the Zoo TV Dvd that the remaining sets will see an increase in Achtung Baby/Zooropa songs?

No. Again we'll see the Zoo Station/The Fly encore (hopefully!), UTEOTW again in place of The Electric Co and mayby once or twice acoustic The First Time. If something new , we'll see some snippet of Ultraviolet, Love is Blindness, Daddy's Gonna Pay or Lemon...

Still I hope for pop-encore with Mofo and Discotheque! :wink:

I honestly don't think so, but then again, maybe it will be the kick the band needs to bring those rumours of Lemon and Daddy's Gonna Pay to fruition. :wink:

Bono might bust out the Gold suit again.

Or maybe Bono could wear the Mirror Man suit with the cowboy hat and rubber george Bush mask.

u2fp

U2vertigofly said:
Does anyone think that with upcoming release of the Zoo TV Dvd that the remaining sets will see an increase in Achtung Baby/Zooropa songs?

Nope, not one bit.

The setlists (if the shows happen) will most likely be similiar if not identical to the fourth leg setlists, with maybe a song or two different. The only thing I would say for sure will be different is maybe some different snippets (IE One Tree Hill Snippet or maybe an acoustic version like Mothers in S. America).

Daddy's Gonna Pay is not happening. Dont even kid yourselves. :laugh: :wink:

Re: Re: Zoo Tv DVD's effect on the remaining sets?

Blue Room said:

Daddy's Gonna Pay is not happening. Dont even kid yourselves. :laugh: :wink:

hmm. . . Miss Sarajevo, Zoo Station, The First Time, Love is Blindness, Discotheque. . . those were never supposedo to happen either :shrug:

Re: Re: Re: Zoo Tv DVD's effect on the remaining sets?

discothequeLP said:

hmm. . . Miss Sarajevo, Zoo Station, The First Time, Love is Blindness, Discotheque. . . those were never supposedo to happen either :shrug:

Supposedly the band tried it out and didnt think it worked (it wasnt like the version done on Zooropa or the Zoomerang tour). I dont count Love Is Blindness as being done really, it was more of an off the cuff snippet to me. The others you listed were rehearsed quite extensively before being played. Except The First Time was really easy for them to do also as its obviously just Bono and Edge. Do you really want a Daddy's Gonna Pay acoustic? No thanks.

Play DGPFYCC on 2 seperate tours, 13 years apart, in the more of less the same country?

Remember that the last time they played it they needed 2 distinct sight gags(exploding money and swinging trabants) in the same song to make sure they keep the fans attention.

u2fp

The new MacPhisto speech:

"Thank you, thank you. I have a new list of people to thank:

George W. Bush, for making all the pop stars likable since we can go anti-war and look better than you.

Well, that's all that's really happened since then. Ehm, why don't I call ... oh shit, this is harder than I remembered. Ehm, well, eh, let's call George Bush! That's it! Damn, I don't have his number. Uh, we can call my wife.. I mean Bono's wife, Ali. Yeah, let's do that. Wait, how does this phone work? Uh...Edge, can you come here and help me with this again? You know, I have another thank you...

To The Edge, for being a very good scientist. Look at the technological advancements he has assisted in over the past decade!"

The problem with bringing back some Zooropa or Achtung Baby songs would be that casual concert goer might not know what it is. It would be like what happened at the start of the tour when early U2 songs where thrown into the setlist.
IMO Bring back Lemon!!!:up:

phillyfan26 said:

you mean the babyface before the encore?

If you saw the extra on the vertigo DVD then you would of heard that they were talking about that and that is bono's son/daughter(don't remember that well) talking into a mic when they recorded it.

I don't know why they did it though:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom