Zoo Station ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

deirdre

The Fly
Hi all,
I'm new here and I guess I would be called a casual U2 fan,
I saw them once on the Elevation tour and loved it !!
I've noticed a number of posts that fans are happy zoo station is being played... just curious what it is about that song, I really like Achtung Baby and I have to say it's the only song on the Cd that I don't care for... does it have some special meaning?

I'll be seeing the boys in philly Oct.. hoping to catch a show before then if I can come up with some decent tickets..

-deirdre

Yes, Zoo Station opened during the Zoo TV tours back in the 90's and I think its much better live than the recorded version, IF Bono remembers the words :)

Zoo Station is great live. Well, I have yet to hear it live, but listening to the Zoo TV bootlegs and after watching the video, it's just awesome. You should get a copy or rent the Zoo TV Live in Sydney vid if you haven't yet.

deirdre said:
just curious what it is about that song, I really like Achtung Baby and I have to say it's the only song on the Cd that I don't care for... does it have some special meaning?

Here are some of the interpretations of the song: http://hem.bredband.net/steverud/U2MoL/AB/zoost.html

it was an incredible opener for Zoo TV, and has a certain novelty quality as played in the current show, but hearing it tonight at Staples, I'd rather them play something else.

I didn't like it at first, with the distorted sound, but then it grew on me. It's just so bizarre, it's great. I guess seing the Live in Sydney tape helped. I never thought I'd see it played in person, and I'm so glad I have a chance of seeing it played now.

Eric G said:
I didn't like it at first, with the distorted sound, .

I think that is exactly why I didn't like it.. the distorted sound...its growing on me

thanks for all the replys...and Dizzy...thanks for the link to the
interpretations...makes more sense now...

I'm a huge Springsteen fan, and knowing the history of a lot of his songs somehow makes them all the better

Zoo Station is a great live song. I think it is interesting that Bono appears to be making up new lyrics on the spot. It adds something new to the song. I thought they would never play this song again after the Zoo TV Tour. A lot of fans are surprised and very happy that they have decided to include it in the Vertigo Tour setlist. It is a definite highlight of the show. ;)

achtung is my favorite album by far. like ridiculously far. and for years.... i'd start with song 2. and go....... but if they'd start with zoo station and roll the whole album.... i'd go for it.... the lyrics on zoo are hot, but the song doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the album.

I'll rate Achtung for you:

1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Zoo Station
5. One
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. Acrobat
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
10. Love Is Blindness
11. So Cruel
12. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

My, this album is great. Anyway, Zoo Station is a downright amazing song, it's even better live, and I hope and pray they will keep it. GREAT song.

God Part III said:
I'll rate Achtung for you:

1. Until The End Of The World
2. The Fly
3. Mysterious Ways
4. Zoo Station
5. One
6. Even Better Than The Real Thing
7. Acrobat
8. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
9. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
10. Love Is Blindness
11. So Cruel
12. Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

My, this album is great. Anyway, Zoo Station is a downright amazing song, it's even better live, and I hope and pray they will keep it. GREAT song.

I'd rate is as follows:
01. Acrobat
02. The Fly
03. Until The End Of The World
04. Mysterious Ways
05. Ultraviolet
06. Love Is Blindness
07. Zoo Station
08. Even Better Than The Real Thing
09. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
10. One
11. So Cruel
12. Trying To Throw Your Arms Around The World.

this is a difficult album to rank I'll give it a shot:
1. end of the world
2. one
3. so cruel
4. ultraviolet
5. acrobat
6. trying to throw
7.wild horses
8.love is blindness
9.even better
10 mysterious
11.fly