You know its a bad sign when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
People are freaking out when U2 add songs to the setlist like With or Without You, Until the End of the World, or Out of Control...

With or Without You is so past its prime its not even funny, why are we praising its return?

Until the End of the World is a cool song live, but its been played at every concert of every tour since its release. They have a lot of other cool songs that could be just as great live. And to take out Zoo Station to make room for it is criminal.

Out of Control is cool, but they just brought that back for the last tour. If you want to bring a song like that back, bring back 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, a song we havent heard in a long time.

And then I hear they are rehearsing Wild Horses...eh, out of all songs off Achtung Baby they pick this one? How about something cool like So Cruel, Ultraviolet, Love is Blindness, or hell why not Acrobat? Wild horses is the last one I'd like to see.

I dont wan't to sound like a huge ass complainer, because I do love the tour. But man, there are so many more songs that they could bring back that would excite me a lot more.

Besides the ones I already mentioned, how about Van Diemans Land, Hawkmoon 269, Heartland, God Part II :drool:, Promenade, Indian Summer Sky, Dirty Day, Daddys Gonna Pay, Last Night on Earth, Do You Feel Loved, a full band Please :drool:

Man if they were bringing some of these songs back, now thats when I'd be getting excited.

Their song selections are almost making this tour feel like an Elevation Part II, especially when they bring back Until the End of the World, With or Without You, and Out of Control. People were saying this was the greatest setlist ever. Please, we just heard that on the Elevation tour.

Come on U2, surprise us with something exciting, I know you got it in you, at least you used to...

*steps off soapbox*

Last edited:
Ok I'm listening to Promenade right now, this is seriously one of the most beautiful songs ever, it could be amazing live.

Man, they have so many gems they could be playing, and they bring back a stale with or without you? Its just sad.

Having a good morning? :wink:

Certainly not the greatest setlist ever, but with a different song selection for THIS tour, as well as the reports from others that the place was really rockin', it sounds like it was one of the best this year.

I'm going tonight. I'm hoping for 11 O'Clock Tick Tock myself...

I know I probably sound like a jackass, but I'm just listening to a lot of their older stuff that I usually dont listen to. And it makes me sad. They have so many brilliant songs that will never see the light of day, and we'll hear the same hits over and over again.

Like I said, I love the tour, and all of their songs, but I just dream of what could be. And like Bono says, if you dream, then dream out loud :wink:

Last edited:
I know, Its terrible that Hawkmoon was only played a handfull of times.
Its such a great live song.

While I dont freak out for With Or Without You, Until The End Of The World and Out Of Control are 2 favourites, Love seeing them in the set...

It would be great if they were doing a springsteen....I'm not a huge fan of his, but I've seen his setlists, and they do rotate a fair bit.

Do You Feel Loved has a very little chance of returning.....It was played for the first few Pop shows, then ommited, they found it to hard to play, or it didnt fit or something.....

Maybe Mofo could rotate with Zoo Station on the third leg...

and I would almost Die for Dirty Day again.

bono_man2002 said:

It would be great if they were doing a springsteen....I'm not a huge fan of his, but I've seen his setlists, and they do rotate a fair bit.

I am a big fan of Bruce (as if people don't know by now) and you're right, besides always putting on an incredible performance, Bruce pulls out songs left and right when you least expect it.

I don't expect U2 to do what Bruce does live, but throwing in some rarities here and there would be very nice.

Yes, and not have the rarities be songs they played at nearly every show on the last tour

how could would it be if just out of the blue then went into promenade, or indian summer sky, or mofo, it would be sooo kick ass

i know its not going to happen, so i probably shouldnt waste my breath, but a boy can dream cant he

i just want to know, why cant it happen?? u2 could do it if they really wanted to

Maybe it'll happen in New York on the third leg?.....

Well we can be atleast thankfull U2 are not Green Day.....there shows are almost identical.
Got a few bootlegs from this tour, they are the exact same setlists.

I actually really like what they're doing now

They are using the main set to play all of their hits and all the crap they have to play for the casual fans, and then they are using the encores as a way to mix it up

now if they would just start mixing it up with some fresh material then that would be perfect

Chizip said:
I actually really like what they're doing now

They are using the main set to play all of their hits and all the crap they have to play for the casual fans, and then they are using the encores as a way to mix it up

now if they would just start mixing it up with some fresh material then that would be perfect

:up:

"The old stuff's been repeated too many times."

Why drop Zoo Station for the old standards when they haven't played it in years? There y'see - "old standards". I hope they aren't going stale, wouldn't wish that on anyone.

I know how you feel, Chizip. But try to look at it from a different point of view - I find it awesome that U2 are rotating songs like With or Without You(which is finally being played normally, since 1993) and Until the End of the World, turning those classic songs into rarities.
The Wild Horses rumor hasn't thrilled me either, since I'm praying that Achtung masterpieces Ultra Violet, Love is Blindness or even Acrobat show up. But, my hope lies that today Crumbs will finally make an appearance.
And yes, Dirty Day or Exit would rock live again. It could happen, you never know it...

With Or Without You...
It's being praised because whilst most U2 fans say they want a change, actually what they want are their favourite songs, like With Or Without You.
I can live with or without it ( :yes: ), I think it's a good song but surely there could be better choices.

But regarding Until The End Of The World.
Personally, it's heaven for me. I know, it's a bit overplayed, but I can't live without it. I must hear it live. To me, just as Where The Streets Have No Name is to most of you, it's the main reason to even see them live. So when another one of my favourites, Zoo Station, pops up instead I don't know what to feel, because I'd die to hear them both! And I know what I should think. Zoo Station, because I have the Slane DVD and I have 10 different live versions of Until The End Of The World. But no. I need that song, for personal reasons.

Anyway, I agree about Out Of Control, The Electric Co. is much better, and if they mixed it anyway, 11 O'Clock Tick Tock is their best song pre-War...

But you know what's so much better this tour than Elevation?

Running To Stand Still and The Fly each night.

"40", The Electric Co., Gloria, An Cath Dubh/Into The Heart...

There are some amazing oldies being thrown up no matter what.

I agree with you Chizip. I dont get all the hype over this setlist. Yes, its a good one. But like I said in the setlist thread for this show on thursday, its not like they reinvented the wheel with this one. In fact, it was the normal setlist up until the encores.

I'm not complaining about it either, I like the fact that there is any variety at all. By U2 standards they seem to be making a good effort to mix it up a bit more on this tour. But really, Chicago 4 was more mixed up than Boston 2 was and it also had a debut and it was the first time Bad ended a show. So I would say that was better if not equal to Boston 2. The fact that Interference puts on article on the news claiming its the best is just ridiculous. Unless the person that wrote it saw every single show and 80% of the people were proclaiming the setlist the best ever, it shouldnt have been written IMO. But oh well.

Now tonights show may get very interesting. The potential IS there for it to be something very special for this tour. But I think the best setlists are coming for NY on the third leg during the 5 night stint at MSG.

Back
Top Bottom