You heard it here first: All Because of You will never come back to the encores!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Let's get this straight: I don't like the song. I don't like Yahweh THAT much, and well... the second Vertigo :huh:

Naturally, I disliked the second encore:

All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

And as a matter of fact, I think U2 did too.
Anyway, I think the band, back in the days where 40 closed the show (early 2005 I mean :wink: ) thought that All Because Of You was the ideal "last rocker" of the set. But now that "Vertigo times two" is a set standard I think they realised that All Because of You didn't fit. So they put it back in the beginning of the show (like Chicago 4) and look what we've got:
An encore with much better flow that allows With Or Without You flow into Yahweh without being abrupted by a rocker.

As long as Vertigo stays the closer, All Because of You will stay in the beginning of teh set, or not show up at all.

My 2 cents.

I quit liked ABOY and Yahweh, its 40 which I think they should have kept retired. But I like ABOY even more in the beginning. Encores should be about playing greatest hits. One or two timeless classics that will have the audience go nuts. That way you can run a little more risk with the main set. Up til now the 2nd encore was extremely low on classics s as long as a classic gets played in stead of ABOY I'm a happy camper.

I very much liked ABOY at the encore but I like it as the second song after Vertigo too. It would be cool if they played it after COBL like in the album. :yes:

I think ABOY was dropped, not because of set list flow issues, but rather because of the UK curfew. It'll probably be back near the end of the show when U2's out of the UK.

Otherwise, I agree... ABOY is not that good a song, and, therefore, does not belong in the encore. Because it is a rocker, it just works so much better at the beginning of the show.

i think that it should open every show.

with that freaking sweetass note.
just sustained......
into the hanover quay opening.

it would make the song realize it's massive potential.

scottyT said:

just sustained......

That reminds me how I used to think ABOY would be a good opener! I can imagine it being very hot...don't know about the 'hanover quay' opening...is that a variant on the album version? but I can imagine it worked into a hot start...ah, that note indeed!
I agree with those who thought it was sorta buried in a weird way at the closing, and hope it stays early in the set.
And I can imagine WOWY flowing gorgeously into Yahweh at the end, much better flow than ABOY/Yahweh..
maybe they'll try ABOY to open sometime! After all, it was a single release like Vertigo and COBL...

cheers all!

i work at a running store, and i get gestapo on the stereo quite often and i play a lot of U2 and randoms and live....
and everytime i play the hanover quay... people go out of their minds and ask for copies.

the all because of you and miracle drug .... wow......

scottyT said:

just sustained......

:drool: I agree, that's brilliant. Then have Vertigo end and BAM! - you've solved the Vertigo x 2 problem and the ABOY encore problem.

God Part III said:
Let's get this straight: I don't like the song. I don't like Yahweh THAT much, and well... the second Vertigo :huh:

Naturally, I disliked the second encore:

All Because Of You
Yahweh
Vertigo

And as a matter of fact, I think U2 did too.
Anyway, I think the band, back in the days where 40 closed the show (early 2005 I mean :wink: ) thought that All Because Of You was the ideal "last rocker" of the set. But now that "Vertigo times two" is a set standard I think they realised that All Because of You didn't fit. So they put it back in the beginning of the show (like Chicago 4) and look what we've got:
An encore with much better flow that allows With Or Without You flow into Yahweh without being abrupted by a rocker.

As long as Vertigo stays the closer, All Because of You will stay in the beginning of teh set, or not show up at all.

My 2 cents.

:laugh: Good call!!

God Part III said:
As long as Vertigo stays the closer, All Because of You will stay in the beginning of teh set, or not show up at all. [/B]

Well I'm glad someone's got their finger on the pulse:wink:

Back
Top Bottom