Yesterday's rehearsal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djerdap

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
This guy has been credible before and apparently this is the only place I have seen somebody post yesterday's list of songs that have been played(from http://www.u2eastlink.com/foro/read.php?f=18&i=28972&t=28972):

Vertigo
The Fly
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Stuck in a Moment
Love and Peace or Else
Zoo Station
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Ultra Violet
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
Walk On
One
I Still Haven't Found
Miracle Drug
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
Please

I love the inclusion of AB songs in there, but I'm really starting to get worried about Crumbs and Original. And the rumored Boy songs and Running To Stand Still are now absent here.

If they could put the boy songs into that setlist and RTSS I think that would be the ULTIMATE setlist. Ultraviolet!! Zoo Station!! The order of those songs seems a little screwy, that must just be a list of songs played, not the order.

Maybe they'll do some Boy songs tonight. I'm starting to worry about "Crumbs" myself. Maybe "Crumbs" and "Original" will be added later on in the tour like "Kite" was.

I'm glad they're playing Zoo Station , I was only 6 when the Zoo Tour was going on back in 92' , so I wouldn't have been able to hear it.:D

I think that no one should be bitching about those songs. There is not one song there that I would not approve of. Why do some of you continue to complain about everything. These are only some of the songs they will play. Of course they will add in other songs, especially when they are playing seven nights in NYC and four in Toronto, etc.

Are these the same guys who gave us the beach versions of Vertigo, LaPoE, and Miracle Drug (which now sounds incomplete without the waves:wink:) because I like those guys:D
sounds excellent - Zoo Station :drool:

Can anybody translate the rest of what was in this guy's post on Eastlink?

This is what it says before and after his list of the rehearsed songs:

Segun los 40 principales estas son las canciones que se escucharon ayer en el primero de los ensayos en L.A, esta previsto otro ensayo para el dia 26

Ahora espero la opinion de todos los incredulos y papanatas, diciendo que esto es mentira.

Solo os digo que quien tenga fe en mi y mire mi post anterior con el setlist y este, entendera que tiene bastante sentido.

Saldremos de dudas en muy pocos dias con el concierto de SanDiego, yo de mientras ya me la meneo con Ultra Violet y the Fly, y les doy las gracias por tocar sus dos mejores temas.

Aceptare tb vuestras disculpas.

am i wrong or there's supposed to be a couple of special radio broadcasting over the weekend?
Dave Fanning is planning something? I don't remember! If yes, where and which time?

:ohmy:

that will not be the setlist, have no fear. it just looks awakward.

I'd bet the ranch that Please does not close the show.

I'd also bet that Sometimes...isn't the 3rd song of the night.

Only 6 songs from new album mentioned here. They will be playing more.

And where the F@#$ is Acrobat?:mad: Only kidding

This is Google translated (not perfect!):

Segun 40 main these are the songs that were listened to yesterday in first of the tests in L.A, this anticipated another test for day 26.

Vertigo
The Fly
Stuck In A Moment
Love And Peace Or Else
ZOO Station
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Extreme Violet
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride
Where The Streets Have NonName
Walk On
One
I Still Haven't Found
Miracle Drug
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Please

Now I wait for opinion of all the incredulos and papanatas, saying that this is lie.

Single I say to you that who has faith in my and watches previous my post with setlist and this, entendera that has enough sense.

I of while already me will leave doubts in very few days with the concert of SanDiego, I wag with Extreme Violet and the Fly, and I thank to touch their two better subjects to them.

He will accept tb your excuses.

Numb1075 said:
that will not be the setlist, have no fear. it just looks awakward.

I'd bet the ranch that Please does not close the show.

I'd also bet that Sometimes...isn't the 3rd song of the night.

Only 6 songs from new album mentioned here. They will be playing more.

++++++++++++++++++++

Obviously "Yahwey" is going to be in the set as it's already been mentioned that a pretty elaborate video presentation is being worked on to go with the song.

While I agree that the running order is screwy, either because the band was more concerned with getting the songs down in no particular order or because the original poster simple wrote down the songs from memory after coming home from the rehearsal, the opening salvo of "Vertigo" and "The Fly" would just kill. Based on just the fact of what songs *are* included on this person's list, I'd be really happy to see a show with these songs in the set.

I'd really like to hear someone else's observations from last night to back up this setlist though before I buy into the possibilty of a great deep cut like "Ultraviolet" being played this tour.

T.B.

scarlet october said:
I'm glad they're playing Zoo Station , I was only 6 when the Zoo Tour was going on back in 92' , so I wouldn't have been able to hear it.:D

Why do I suddenly feel old...?

me too.....I first saw the band at Milton Keynes Bowl on June 22nd 1985 when I was 11 years old.........my dad took me and it hammered down with rain!!!

The Fly, Zoo Station, Ultraviolet, 40, Bullet and Please!!!! Fucking amazing!!!!!!!!! :drool:

It would be awsome to have The Fly right after Vertigo!!! But will they have the slow intro to it? I wish Surrender was also there, that would be perfect!!!! I don't know if this set list is in order (probably not) but Please as the closer would be interesting. I love that set list!!!!! :hyper:

Vertigo
The Fly
Stuck in a Moment
Love and Peace or Else
Zoo Station
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Ultra Violet
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride

Walk On
One
I Still Haven't Found

Miracle Drug
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
Please

I viewed this as main set up till Pride and Streets is opening the encore. It's posisble, and likely, that Streets has finally been moved to the encore opener. I'm thinking yes. Just optimisim.

U2Fan101 said:
Vertigo
The Fly
Stuck in a Moment
Love and Peace or Else
Zoo Station
City of Blinding Lights
All Because of You
Ultra Violet
Bad
Beautiful Day
Pride

Walk On
One
I Still Haven't Found

Miracle Drug
Bullet the Blue Sky
With or Without You
Please

I viewed this as main set up till Pride and Streets is opening the encore. It's posisble, and likely, that Streets has finally been moved to the encore opener. I'm thinking yes. Just optimisim.

Cool but I think Miracle Drug would finish the first encore and that Bullet would start the second one. That would make the last encore to be a bit small but maybe they do a seven minute version of Please or something!!! :D :drool:

By the way I don't know if this is exactly how they'll pay the songs but I love where BD is and having Pride right after it is absolutely perfect! What a moment that would be. I hope it happens like that! :hyper:

i have seen it quoted in several places that the highlight of the show will be the way with or without you goes into streets!

What about this:

Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
All Because Of You
The Fly
Miracle Drug
Pride
Ultra Violet
Stuck In A Moment (Acoustic)
I Still Haven't Found (Acoustic)
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please
Bad
Beautiful Day
Walk On

Encore 1
City Of Blinding Lights
With Or Without You
Where The Streets Have No Name

Encore 2
ZOO Station
One

Man that was hard to do.

Last edited:
Please tell me, how can any of you ever, ever want to hear Pride, With or Without You or NYD ever again. I've seen them 6 times and spent a stupid amount of time messing with bootlegs. I LOVE them, they are amazing - but I swear to God I don't understand how they can't just drop those songs and start playing something different like Exit, Hawkmoon or something.

And if they don't play Original of the Species I will eat not only my pants, but those of the smelliest looking person I can find. It would be a crime.

crosby87 said:
Why they don't play this setlist?

Because its not a setlist. Its an incorrect order of songs they rehearsed on that night.

Did anyone confirm that they actually did rehearse UltraViolet in LA? I heard later that was a BS rumor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom