Wow no Zoo station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

8rattoon

The Fly
that's a shame. I hope this is not a permanent move, i'm looking forward to seeing it in only three shows!

The Fly opens the encore. I can imagine the energy of the crowd after that first distorted guitar riff! A good setlist change IMO

Th first chords of Zoo are incredible, but IMO, the crowd settles down after that and the song doesn't work in the setlist; even though I do love the album version-and it might be the best opener ever.

Before I saw it, I was really excited to see that it was in the setlist, but when I saw LA1 and 2, I realized that IMO it doesn't really work, and it is on my short list to be taken out of the setlist.

Last edited:
Mysterious Ways was awesome at SJ2. If Zoo wasn't gelling, they made the right choice by replacing it with MW, which brought the house down.

-Miggy

Although it was great to see Zoo Station back in the set, I have to admit it wasn't sounding that good. I'm not sure if they are re-written lyrics or whether Bono has forgotten the originals and is singing some improv. But it really doesn't sound right to me. Mysterious Ways on the other hand sounds absolutely superb.

What does everyone else think?

well, i am a huge AB fan, so i am going to miss Zoo Station! and i really loved the improvised lyrics... however, i'm thinking that OOTS is not going to get played every night, so it'll probably be back.

I WANT ZOO STATION!

Damn the crowd that made them change their minds.
Ok, a bit over the top, but still, it's a huge loss if they continue like this.

It was one show! I'm sure they will alternate in and out of the setlist much like what they're doing with An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart. But if it has to go, I hope it's replaced with Until the End of the World.

How come it says they played it on u2.com?????

San Jose, 2nd Show

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes you can’t make it on your own
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill

Pride in the name of love
Where the Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Original of the Species

All Because of You
Yahweh
“40”

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1501

zoopop said:

San Jose, 2nd Show

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill

One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Original of the Species

All Because of You
Yahweh
“40”

They even have Original of the Species after Mysterious Ways, when it is said to have been after One. U2.com can't even seem to get their own bands' setlist correct.

Honestly, after seeing Anaheim2, the one song I thought they should take out was Zoo Station - it just doesn't sound that great, and it kind of lost the crowd. I am thrilled they dropped it, and keeping my fingers crossed that I get to see Species in Phoenix this Fri!

zoopop said:

San Jose, 2nd Show

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry / Electric Co.
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running to Standstill

One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Original of the Species

All Because of You
Yahweh
“40”

This was the setlist that was supposed to be played. The roadie that follows Bono around by the stage (I can't remember his name) had a setlist and he left a lot of it visible. This was the setlist that was supposed to be played, but they switched it up. Not sure why, but they definitely changed it. I don't know why they dropped Zoo Station. I was so expecting Edge to rip that slide and instead heard The Fly. I was sad not to hear Zoo Station, but that amazing version of The Fly made up for it.

Did anyone else notice that the crowd was dead during The Fly?

OffAxis said:

Did anyone else notice that the crowd was dead during The Fly?

this I don´t get?! everyone I talk to who likes U2 thinks the Fly ROCKS! but at consertc everyone stands still thinking like: "whats this crap-song?" whats wrong with you people???

I think its both-IMO opinion it is the best version of the Fly I have ever heard. The crowd isn't dead, but it is far from let's say the reaction to UTEOTW of the past.

the crowd was just stiff last night...too many yuppie's who are used to sitting at a computer desk all day...the band rocked, don't get me wrong...it's just that silicon valley will never be a place i go to see a show again

That intro to The Fly should be enough to get ANY crowd going.

I loved the version of The Fly from the last tour but the latest version just absolutely rocks from listening to the recordings. Actually being there it must be 100% more amazing.

I for one am hoping it stays in the set for when they get out here to Oz next year.

Back
Top Bottom