With or Without You Yes or no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just got done listening to it in the boot of Chi 4, and I thought it sounded great! I like it there in the setlist, think it can work perfectly well as a close to main set...

Yes. I got butterflies listening to the Chi4 version. The Edge almost went off on a solo. Larry played the drums as he played them on the album version for most of the song. Adam was, well, Adam.

Based on a listen of that version, I feel the band is working out some kinks for a revised longer version that will be played once every two or three shows. :drool:

Finally got a chance to listen to it from Chi4. Much, much better. However, given the number of different ways this song's been played over the years I can tell U2 aren't completely happy with the way it sounds live. It seems it's different every tour, and the sound often changes during the middle of a tour as well. If they'd just go back to playing like in JT/LT it'd be fine.

:yes: YES please! I was just listening to the chicago version and it does sound much different than it used to but the emotion is still there and it gave me goosebumps. Love the strangers snippet at the end.

Yes. They did a really good version in Chicago 4. The casual fans really expect this song to be played.

Back
Top Bottom