with or without you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

salty72

The Fly
Hopefully the band brings back the arrangement like during the JT and Zoo TV days. IMO the Popmart/Elevation arrangement has run it's course. The 9/28/87 MSG performance(when Bono gives Larry his cue) and the Zoo TV DC 8/16/92 performance are top notch!!!

the ZOO WOWY should definetly be brought back..."lets go to vegas, lets get married."

any version of WOWY is great & should be on the set list. Althought ure right, the elevation tour version was not as strong.

they absolutely must play this song. they just have to.
rattle & hum version... :drool:

Macfistowannabe said:
The Rattle & Hum version... :drool:

Can it possibly be any better?

Absolutely. :wink: There are some other Joshua Tree/Lovetown performances that I consider even better than the Rattle And Hum version, particularly those with a snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Bono with the guitar....
Shine like stars...
The smoke and the blue lighting...
Larry's punctual drumming...
Edge's solos...
Adam looking cool as usual...
It's tough to beat.

I'll have to hunt down some more of the Lovetown/JT Tour shows.

I hate to degrade any WOWY performance in particular, but the one on Popmart Mexico City just didn't float my boat. Bono had a noticable amount of difficulty belting out the vocals.

Axver said:

Absolutely. :wink: There are some other Joshua Tree/Lovetown performances that I consider even better than the Rattle And Hum version, particularly those with a snippet of Love Will Tear Us Apart.

AX, any dates?

RademR said:

AX, any dates?

Honestly, I can't remember. I think 22 April 1987, Los Angeles is an incredible rendition, but I don't recall the quality of the sound being very good. 4 July 1987, Paris is probably the longest WOWY I've ever heard, with an additional verse invented by Bono. That performance is notable because tear gas goes off in the audience, Bono stops the song to yell a bit, and then they just launch back into it. Apparently, 28 October 1987, Chicago has an astounding performance - I got the bootleg based on that comment alone but I am yet to play it.

Axver said:

Honestly, I can't remember. I think 22 April 1987, Los Angeles is an incredible rendition, but I don't recall the quality of the sound being very good. 4 July 1987, Paris is probably the longest WOWY I've ever heard, with an additional verse invented by Bono. That performance is notable because tear gas goes off in the audience, Bono stops the song to yell a bit, and then they just launch back into it. Apparently, 28 October 1987, Chicago has an astounding performance - I got the bootleg based on that comment alone but I am yet to play it.

I'd have to go with April 29, 1987. Bono's vocals blew the doors off that place. With the 'Shine like stars' bit and the added 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'...altogether a 6 min and 38 second rendition...amazing.

PhoenixGNX said:

I'd have to go with April 29, 1987. Bono's vocals blew the doors off that place. With the 'Shine like stars' bit and the added 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'...altogether a 6 min and 38 second rendition...amazing.

Ah yes, the sound quality on that is stunning for an audience bootleg and the performance is amazing! I just couldn't remember if it had Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Great performance. :up:

(My favourite Exit is from that gig too ...)

WJ said:
How about the Sydney 1993 version? To me, that's the best version ever!
One of Bono's best dramatic or theatrical performances. Not exactly the best musical performance in my opinion. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom