Will we hear Fast Cars in North America?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tkramer

War Child
I know it's not on the official US release, (but it is on the box set) but everyone I know loves it, and it's instant catchy fun. Live it could be a huge kick.

I should point out my non-u2 friends like it too. They hear it once and say "no way that is U2"...

The real question is "will it EVER be played?" Answer: not likely.

The OOTS said:
Didn't they rehearse it extensively in Mexico?

It appeared on the rehearsal list, but that entire rumour may not be reliable. I am extremely skeptical of its truthfulness.

Axver said:

It appeared on the rehearsal list, but that entire rumour may not be reliable. I am extremely skeptical of its truthfulness.

Same here..........."Lemon"? C'mon now.....

BigMacPhisto said:

Same here..........."Lemon"? C'mon now.....

Right. It just wasn't realistic. Though look at what we've just got in the last three shows! IF Lemon and A Celebration appear, then we might be able to say the Mexican rehearsal rumours were factual, but as it stands, they appear to be nothing more than fanciful.

Axver said:
The real question is "will it EVER be played?" Answer: not likely.

Not sure of your reasoning behind this, U2 have long been know to include b-sides in their live shows. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Party Girl, Spanish Eyes and The Ground Beneath Her Feet (not released on a proper album here in the states.

I would not be surprised to Fast Cars surface at some point in the tour.:drool:

Dalton said:

Not sure of your reasoning behind this, U2 have long been know to include b-sides in their live shows. 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, Party Girl, Spanish Eyes and The Ground Beneath Her Feet (not released on a proper album here in the states.

I would not be surprised to Fast Cars surface at some point in the tour.:drool:

Actually, statistically, the odds are good, as both songs that were bonus tracks on albums (as Fast Cars was not a b-side and only a minority of b-sides have been played) were played live, but I am simply very skeptical this one will ever be played.

What's funny is that they actually reworked this song to get it to its current state from Xanax. They obviously thought it was a worthwhile tune...it just didn't fit into the flow of HTDAAB for some reason and became the extra song on some versions.

I say they may give it a shot at some point.

I would LOVE to see Fast Cars live! That would get me dancing! I"m guessing there's a better chance in Europe than the US, though.

I'm so liking the april 02 set list...I think they can put Fast Cars on instead of Zoo Station...do that little AB-style trio The Fly, then Fast Cars, then Mysterious Ways...
I like it I like it...I doubt it'll happen, but I like it!

OR else, The Fly, Lemon, then Fast Cars (not that I really need to hear Lemon..)

cheers all!

Last edited:
I need to hear! I had that damn song stuck in my last night ...
I GOT THE NIGHTLY NEWS TO GET TO KNOW THE ENEMY
Maybe on the third leg, because with all the changes this first week of shows .
Yeah and with the Xanax and Wine style it would really flow

It's the last track in a couple countries, just like GBHF was, and that tune got played at a few shows. The only difference is Fast Cars is a much better song.

Back
Top Bottom