Will U2 play older songs that they haven't played in a while on the Vertigo Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
In the Elevation Tour it seemed like U2 really wanted to play some older songs from their catalogue that they hadent played in some time, they played 11'Oclock Tick Tock, Out Of Control, Angel of Harlem, an acoustic version of Please a few times, gave new life to the Fly, rehearsed Two Hearts Beat As One, Bono at one point was singing pretty much half of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses at the end of Bad, he added a few lines from Love Is Blindness at the end of One once, they played twice an acoustic version of In God's Country and at one particular show they improvised a version of Hawkmoon 269 and Running To Stand at the beginning of Desire.

So I ask you all, do you think U2 will do the same thing this time on the Vertigo Tour? Do you think they will bring back some older song like Out of Control and 11 O'clock Tick Tock? I think they will. I don't know which but I think they will, I think they just might bring The Electric Co. back and Bono said at one point on the Elevation tour that he would love to play Ultraviolet once again so they might rehearse this one this time. It would be great if they rehearsed Two Hearts Beat As One again and played it at the shows, it could easily replace Mysterious Ways in my opinion. I wouldn't mind for Hawkmoon 269 or God Part II either… :drool:

Last edited:
I definitely wanna hear "The Drowning Man"....
That song would be "AWESOME" live..and those lyrics....................
HOLD ON..HOLD ON TIGHTLY..

OMG!!! Bono can "Hold On" to me...anytime he wants to!!!:drool:
LOL:lol:

Rumors say the band has rehearsed Exit, Wire and the Unforgettable Fire. While they would be delightful to hear on a regular basis, I won't hold my breath.

I've thought a reworked Two Hearts would been great since Popmart, but we're still yet to see it. I'm also surprised that Ultraviolet went the way of the dodo after Zoo TV.

I do think we will see Out of Control and 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, but you can't really call those rare or unusual, since they were played several times on the last tour.

If I had to bet, I'd say that we won't see anything more unusual than the two aforementioned songs.

But sign me up for L&POE>Exit>Running, or Exit>L&POE>Running.

Last edited:
I'd like to hear 'The Unforgettable Fire' live again! Exit would be great too...! One OLD song I'd REALLY like to hear again is 'Rejoice' or 'I Fall Down'. Now THERE'S some U2 for you!

Out of Control and I Will Follow should be definetly played. Electric Co. and Exit would be nice, but unlikely. I have a feeling that this tour is gonna be similar to the ATYCLB setlist. They're just take out some of the stinkers from ATYCLB.

heres some songs that i havn't seen metioned at al. at least not recently. beat on the brat from ramones tribute, and baby come home for xmas,lol. NOW THATS A RARITY. lol.

Back
Top Bottom