Will Philly get Bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
What do you think.

Personally, I've been pumping myself up for this show (Philly night II this leg) for months now...practically since the May 14 show. I'm really excited. It will be my first GA experience, and I'm just so looking forward to hearing certain songs in that setting. Streets, Miss Sarajevo, With or Without You, Wild Horses, Crumbs (hopefully). But I'm really hoping they decide to treat the city of brotherly love to a rendition of Bad. We haven't gotten it this tour, and I'm not sure if we got it during Elevation. But either way, I still think every city deserves Bad at least once, and after listening to the Toronoto version again right now, I can't imagine any other song I'd rather hear live.

So, what do we think? Will Bad make an appearance in Philly? It just did in NY, so what are the odds do you think?

i really dont think the odds are very good that they'll do a michael jackson cover, sorry

Dang, and Philly's such a soulful town, I simply don't beileve they would pull out a little M.J. At least Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal.

If I could choose one song for them to play in Philly, it would be Bad. They were supposed to play it at Philly II (somebody in front of me got a setlist), but they changed to 40 at the last minute.

I'll be in GA on Monday, too. See you there!

Chizip said:
i really dont think the odds are very good that they'll do a michael jackson cover, sorry

untitled.jpg

"HEE-HEEEEE! OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!"

MAN I HOPE SO!

I've seen U2 around 8 times, and I haven't heard them play Bad yet. It was supposed to be played last time at the philly show i went to (philly II i believe), but they scrapped it and went into 40.

I have 3 chances left this tour, 2x in philly, and the wednesday show in DC.

needless to say, i'll be disappointed if they don't play it. WGRYWH would be fantastic also!

i hear that bonofan. i've heard bad twice, and it was AWESOME. i hope we don't get philly syndrome and get the shortest shows of the tour again.

we're good fans, we love songs, i promise!

let's rock some achtung, BABY!

I would really prefer that no one other than U2 performs b/c this is my first U2 concert & I just want to see U2. I'm so excited to be going even though I'll be in the nosebleed section of 211!

Lee :)

i hope we get it on the first night.... that'd be hot, cause i'll be on the floor going bonkers, and i have a bunch of U2 virgin friends going.... i think Bad is one of their best live songs by far.

Hats off to the guy just outside the ellipse with the PLEASE PLAY BAD sign at the sunday philly show.

I could see it easily from section 118 behind the stage. Too 'bad' it wasn't played. Hope they'll play it tonight, and the guy with the sign will there as well!

I think "Bad" is one of those songs that should never miss a gig. I think Bad-Streets is the greatest 2 song transition ever, and should always be that way. I guess Bad is hell on Bono's voice, though. But when I saw them play that at the May 7th Chicago show, WOW! Bono nailed every note perfectly, and it reminded of the version on Rattle and Hum.

Night 1 in Philly didn't get it..... I sure hope you guys going tonight get to hear it. I hope I get to hear it in Pittsburgh, but I doubt I will.

If you want to hear bad, don't go to a show i go to. So far i am 0 for 8. It's my alltime favorite song, but looks like i will have to wait 5 years from now to have a shot to hear it.

didnt play it at any of the 4 philly shows, or the dc show tonight :(

it was a good show, i'm just disappointed because i figured i would hear it at least once by now.

Lee00336 said:
I would really prefer that no one other than U2 performs b/c this is my first U2 concert & I just want to see U2. I'm so excited to be going even though I'll be in the nosebleed section of 211!

Lee :)

HAHA, so were you disappointed when the Boss walked on stage?

I read somewhere that the setlist for Philly night 2 (10/17) had the show closing with Original of the Species and Bad, but they played All Because of You and 40 instead. If they had played Bad that would have made my night, but still, it was an awesome show.

i honestly would have rather seen bad/original any day over the boss.

and i love the boss.

i wasn't dissapointed he was on stage, but i was really dissapointed that bad and original missed all 4 philly shows.

Back
Top Bottom