Will Electrical Storm make the setlist?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope so! I would love them to do the Orbit version and maybe Bono could sing the first few verses without the band before they join in after "Lets see colours that have never been seen..." - that would be pretty cool. I think if they do play it could be more likely that they play an acoustic version though.

Yeah, as I said before, it have very big chances.

1st. It was a single. Every U2 single was played live. So why ES wouldn't get into the setlist?
2st. It has the same chance of playing which had HMTMKMKM and The Ground Beneath Her Feet. Both songs were released between two albums (Zooropa-Pop and Pop-ATYCLB) and they were played live (HMTMKMKM was always played during Popmart, TGBHF was played sometimes in acoustic set and also on few ceremonys)
3st. This is great song :wink:

I guarantee you this song will be played. Every U2 single has been played, including those released between albums - the least played single is Another Day, but we have only four setlists from before the Boy Tour, so it's certain it was played more than just the two times of which we know. Also, The Swetest Thing, the single from the first Best Of, was played live, so that sets the precedent for the second Best Of's single to be played live. They'd be pretty silly to record a new song, release it as a single, and then just totally abandon it.

I doubt it. It might get played a handful of times, but any more than that is unlikely.

The band will most likely want to spend their time with new songs on songs from hut dab. The precious time remaining will probably be spent on hits and a few back catalog songs. I don't see why they'd use time to play ES when there's already rumors that the shows are going to be shorter this time around and there's more songs than ever for U2 to consider playing.

This has a chance of showing up the first few shows but I don't think it stays in the setlist for the entire tour.

God, I hope not. Especially compared to what wound up on The Bomb, this song is about as average as you can get.

Cool video, though.

Hold Me Thrill Me was a kick ass song, and the band knew it would kill live. TGBHF was a beautifully written song that was ONLY played acoustically. It fit. This song doesn't really fill any kind of requirement, and is going to stick out like a sore thumb if they play it. "Death by midtempo", as Bono once said.

Not to mention that parts of it turn up on the new songs, the solo is lifted partly on one song, and the chimes in Crumbs, if I'm not mistaken.

laz

I like the song alot. It's like an upgraded version of Crumbs From Your Table. I don't like the William Orbit version without the guitar in the intro, but the original is awesome.

It will definitely see alot of action this tour, I'd say about as much as a few of the HTDAAB songs (Crumbs, AMAAW, OOTS).

I think this song could be one of those numerous U2 gems that comes alive in concert because it has a really awesome, chaotic ending like Gone and alot of potential for Edge to fill parts in with guitar (like BD).

I have no idea, I've already asked about this once but have absolutely no idea as to whether or not it will be. All I can say is that I love this song, I'd probably prefer it to most on the new album, and I like the new album. Also agreed that 'proper' version is far superior to the remixed versions.

Don't watch music videos so I can't really say about that, is it the one with Larry and a bath?

I try and never leave my spot at a u2 show because it's just an amazing experience, but if they played "Hands that built America" that will be my Q for a bathroom break. Awful song, one of the very few u2 songs I really dont like at all.

E.S. is a good song without the Orbit butchering, Edge's guitar is great and it would sound interesting live. But I think they should play it every 2-3 shows, not an every night thing.

lazarus said:
God, I hope not. Especially compared to what wound up on The Bomb, this song is about as average as you can get.

Hold Me Thrill Me was a kick ass song
laz

Wow, interesting opinions -- just the opposite for me. I love ES and hope to hear it on tour (even if I only end up with bootlegs this time around after 13 shows and a lot of $$ since 1983--ugg)

Your's is the strongest, positive opinion I've ever heard of Hold Me Thrill Me. I never liked that song, and gave it many chances --- maybe it was the cartoonish video. Whatever, not for me.

I hope it gets played with a guitar solo from Edge in the middle would make it a perfect live addition.

Regardless of what people say, I think all three of HMTMKMKM, Electrical Storm, and THTBA are sensational songs.

Electrical Storm would probably go well either into or out of UTEOTW.

I would be intrested to hear it. But like it's 1980-1990 counterpart, The Sweetest Thing, I wouldn't expect it to get a really heavy rotation.

I think they will. I think they should play Beautiful Day and Electrical Storm at the end of the show (not close it with those though). That would be great cause those two songs are very enrgetic and would be very interesting to have them played closer to the end. I hope it happens!!! :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom