Will Discotheque EVER be back on the list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POP-ROMANCER

War Child
I hope so.
It's one of my favourite songs. But I don't think it will ever be back on the setlist. Why? It's just that dance thing from POP and the only songs from pop they will play in the future are IMO please, staring and gone. Because that are not so experimental as discotheque or mofo. It doesn't fit with the new music from u2 and I wonder if u2 will be so experimental in the future. What are your thoughts?

They did play it on the Elevation tour though (up to the end of the second leg).

BTW, welkom op het forum! :wave:

Popmartijn said:
They did play it on the Elevation tour though (up to the end of the second leg).

BTW, welkom op het forum! :wave:

They sure did and it sounded great. I think U2 will play it a few times this tour. Larry's drumming on Discotheque Live = :drool:

I hope it does come back, but I hope not at the expense of songs like Bullet The Blue Sky. Maybe switch it in and out with Gone?

I would love to hear Discotheque and Mofo :)heart: my favourite song from Pop :heart:). U2 could change the arrangement for the second one and it could work brilliant! :drool: Or mayby some change to both of them just like they did with The Fly...

It would be interesting to see Mofo without all of the backing tracks and just drums, bass, and guitar. Or maybe even acoustic! :wink:

God Part III said:
I'd rather see Streets gone. Most overplayed song ever.

I think you're talking about I Will Follow, Pride, and New Year's Day, all of which have been played more than Streets.

And to say Streets is overplayed is simply ludicrous, as it's the highlight of any U2 set and the band themselves acknowledge its power to turn a concert around. Heck, they could come out, play Streets, leave, and it would be worth the price of admission.

Axver said:

I think you're talking about I Will Follow, Pride, and New Year's Day, all of which have been played more than Streets.

And to say Streets is overplayed is simply ludicrous, as it's the highlight of any U2 set and the band themselves acknowledge its power to turn a concert around. Heck, they could come out, play Streets, leave, and it would be worth the price of admission.

I wouldn't mind Pride or New Year's Day being gone....

Back
Top Bottom