Will any opening song other than "Vertigo" be a surprise?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LAPOE is a slower tempo song than Vertigo, of course, but I still think it would do a great job as the opener. It would be very similar to Zoo Station, with the long intro. Zoo Station isn't that high-paced of a song, I think it's only a touch faster than LAPOE, so I think the latter would be an epic opener.

LAPOE would be a great teaser of a beginning.

Vertigo would be anticlimactic due to it's full exposure. They've already turned it into a medley to add new life into the song.

Remember that the song has completely changed it's pace live - and I'm the ONLY one on this board who has heard the song. LOLOLOL

U2FP

At first, I was hoping they'd start off with ABOY, then Vertigo.... kind of like how Beautiful Day was followed by Elevation.... then I started thinking, L&POE would make a killer opener, and I still think it would, but imagine COBL opening the show.... the keyboards start in the background as the screen lights come up... and when Edge's guitar kicks in, so do the huge lights we've come to know when Streets kicks in... I think it would be amazing.

The Disciple said:
At first, I was hoping they'd start off with ABOY, then Vertigo.... kind of like how Beautiful Day was followed by Elevation.... then I started thinking, L&POE would make a killer opener, and I still think it would, but imagine COBL opening the show.... the keyboards start in the background as the screen lights come up... and when Edge's guitar kicks in, so do the huge lights we've come to know when Streets kicks in... I think it would be amazing.

City of Blinding Lights would be a great opener. I think much more so than LAPOE. vertigo perhaps would be better suited as as an instant transition song coming right off a slow set of two or even three songs. I don't know. All Becasue of You would be a good opener too.:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom