wierdest song on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
whats been the most out of place song on the vertigo tour? just that one song that seems completely random...

personally I thought Discoteque wasn't really a great choice, and it seems they just picked it so that they could cover all their albums...any other songs?

I thought Zoo Station was a rather weird choice. Oh, and The First Time. Good tunes, but I never saw them coming.

europop2005 said:

personally I thought Discoteque wasn't really a great choice, and it seems they just picked it so that they could cover all their albums...any other songs?

Not a good choice? The Vertigo Tour Discotheque rips and it rhymes, it rhymes and it rips. A rum tum tum. A rum tum ting.

It spits hot fire.

Even though I liked the song Instant Karma, I would have rather have had a different ending....I haven't been to a show where 40 was the last one in a long time....:|

Weird song? Well...

An Cat Dubh ... watch the Chicago DVD... that will explain it, Cat Dubh is better to listen to, than to watch.

Norweigan Wood too, lyrics weren't correct.

I know they centered the campaign around the song but ONE just seemed overdone because they've played it soooo much. It just felt wierd to center a lot of the show around the ONE/cell phone moment.

rock the casbah in sunday bloody sunday. though i do love it (and i think instant karma and discotheque are amazing live songs, i only got to see instant karma out of the two this tour.)

partygirlvox said:
rock the casbah in sunday bloody sunday. though i do love it
:yes: That's exactly what I was going to say... and it took me a second or two to realize what I was hearing. Then it was sort of, 'WTF... 'Rock the Casbah'?!?!?!? :ohmy: :rockon:

Weird, but I liked it. :D

INDY500 said:
Weird?

Ol' Man River,
That Ol' Man River
He mus' know sumpin'
But don't say nuthin',
He jes' keeps rollin',
He keeps on rollin' along.

oh my GOD they played this at my show and i thought it was FUCKING GREAT!!!! :drool: :drool:

i second both Instant Karma because it's lyrically out of line with a lot, and An Cat Dubh, cause it brought the concert to a dead stop.

Discoteque in Toronto was awesome, especially with the Pop Muzik intro.

But for the the most unexpected song was one I have been dying to hear live---Love is Blindness. That was ramdom and my jaw dropped when I read that they played it(ok it wasn't the full song but something is better than nothing!

BonoManiac said:
Discoteque in Toronto was awesome, especially with the Pop Muzik intro.

:up:

I wish I could have seen that one. They mixed the song with FGTH's Relax, which gave it a fantastic boost...

From the Vertigo Tour I'd say The First Time. Of all the songs they could have chosen to play, to choose that one just seemed, er, strange!

Back
Top Bottom