Wich 5 songs from the Vertigo 05\06 tour should be cut on the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mauwer

War Child
Friends ,

Since there is big setlist speculation going on , it might be cool to answer this question ,

Wich 5 songs from the Vertigo 05\06 tour should be cut on the next tour????

Here are my choices ,

01 - Pride:madspit: :madspit: :madspit:
02 - One ( it`s too boring with the long-speech )
03 - I Still Haven`t Found.....
04 - Bullet ( come on it needs a rest next time:wink: )
05 - Elevation

Now...what are your choices Friends?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

That's easy - all songs from War and Africa Trilogy except Love and peace.

- Elevation
- BUllet (love it but its tiring)
- Still haven't found ( i don't like this live)
- The one Speech (it is the length of some bands songs)
- The Electric Co. (It's done this tour now bring somethign diffrent back)

Pride
Elevation
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
With or Without You
I Will Follow

- any ATYCLB song (mayby if they reinvent some in an interesting way, otherwise- no; and I'm not talking about acoustic versions!!!)
- WOWY
- WTSHNN (sorry, someone has to point it first)
- SBS
- any acoustic song

Zooropean103 said:
- WTSHNN (sorry, someone has to point it first)

I nearly beat you to it. :wink:

Then I remembered WOWY and ISHFWILF. Streets and SBS are my sixth and seventh. I wouldn't miss any of them.

Elevation
Bullet The Blue Sky
With Or Without You
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

1. Elevation
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. With Or Without You
4. New Year's Day
5. Sunday Bloody Sunday*

*I hesitantly chose Sunday Bloody Sunday as the last pick because while the song definetely could use a break, the crowd's intense reaction to the intro is hard to dismiss...

1. elevation (it's time u2 let us forget they ever made this shit)

2. pride (every so often would be fine)

3. sunday bloody sunday (every so often)

4. vertigo

5. all because of you

6. yahweh

1.Pride
2.Elevation
3.40(I say we make bad the full time closer)
4.One(should be replaced with walk on)
5.yahweh

1.Sunday Bloody Sunday
2.Where The Street Has No Name
3.I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
4.Pride(In The Name Of Love)
5.Elevation

Bullet.....hands down
WOWY
Pride
SBS

(I WANT SONGS FROM POP BROUGHT BACK!)

One
Elevation
Pride (at least have it rotated with something else....)
Sunday Bloody Sunday (at least rotated....)

I still am blown away by Streets - i feel sorry for those of you who still don't get that sensation.
While i would love for their to be more Pop songs (Gone, Disco, Mofo) i doubt those would get the same response as Pride, SBS, One etc. I still haven't found is still such a great sing along moment. I do believe that WOWY should be dropped unless edge does that amazing solo at the end followed by bono's "Stars shinning" bit.

Pride
One
Bullet
ISHFWILF
SBS

People say they have to play these songs for the casual fans, but they have plllllllenty of hits they could still throw in the setlist to make the casual fans happy.

so please drop these on the next tour u2, its doable.

Chizip said:
Pride
One
Bullet
ISHFWILF
SBS

People say they have to play these songs for the casual fans, but they have plllllllenty of hits they could still throw in the setlist to make the casual fans happy.

I would agree except add NY Day also. They dont have to drop all of them, but a few of them could take a break for a tour. OR alternate these around on different nights.

exaclty.
Either SBS or NYD or Pride
Either Bullet or LAPOE or Please
Either Bad or Streets
Either Wowy or MW or One
Either ISHFWILF or I Will Follow or Elevation

Chizip said:
Pride
One
Bullet
ISHFWILF
SBS

Plenty of hardcore (is that the right term to use?) fans who maybe haven't been to too many concerts, or haven't been to any concert before love to hear those songs as well. For example, my first concert was at Croke III this year, and I wanted to hear SBS, Pride, One, WOWY, Streets, Bullet, these are all classic songs. The crowd reaction during those songs was simply amazing, could you imagine something like Promenade getting the same reaction as Sunday Bloody Sunday? Could you bollocks! There's a reason that these songs are labelled "classics" you know.

And to people who mention Streets, what are you smoking? Can I have some? If you've been at any U2 concert post-Joshua Tree, you should see that the reaction for Streets is the greatest of the concert, definitely their best live song (just in front of Bad) and that many people mention it as a highlight of the show.

But, just to participate somewhat, here are the 5 that I'd dump, in no particular order:

1. Elevation
2. Miracle Drug
3. ISHFWILF
4. ABOY
5. Miss Sarajevo

Elevation is an easy one, it's a great rocker, but 2 tours non stop is enough.

Miracle Drug is crap. That's about all. Though after it the show is awesome.

ISHFWILF is a great song, but I can't imagine it doing to well with a crappy crowd, or in an arena (note I've never seen U2 in an arena... :wink:). Out of all the classics, definitely the most unnecessary one.

All Because of You is much better live than on the album. Still bad though.

Miss Sarajevo is a great tune, an the opera part is amazing, but it's far too dull. I expect to see this one dropped for Leg 4.

1. Elevation
2. Beautiful Day (Never really did much for me in the first place)
3. Miracle Drug (I like the pretty pictures on the stage but the song doesn't go anywhere)
4. Sometimes You Can't Make It on Your Own (doesn't sound as good live)
5. With or Without You (heard this one live, sounded beaten and tired)

As for Bullet, I think it sounded great on this tour, it had a real creepy atmosphere, reminded me of a nuclear wasteland. Other songs like Pride and ISHFWILF and SBS have to stay because the crowd goes beserk when they are played. Anyone who has been to a U2 show knows this.

topplehatU2 said:

Other songs like Pride and ISHFWILF and SBS have to stay because the crowd goes beserk when they are played. Anyone who has been to a U2 show knows this.

I dont think any U2 song HAS to be played. I was in the Streets always needed to be done camp previously. But after this tour I dont think it is a must any longer. I still love the song and it is still great, but this tours version of Streets is the weakest they have done IMO. If it took a break for a tour (as was the bands original intention) it wouldnt bother me.

As far as the songs you listed. SBS has been missing for large portions of Zoo TV and Popmart (and this was just Edge, not full band). They didnt play it at all for the Lovetown tour. So its not a must and never has been. Same can be said for ISHFWILF, it wasnt even done for most of the first leg of this tour. Pride you may have a point on, even though I think its been done to death and needs a break. Although Bono did not want to do if for Popmart but was overuled by the rest of the band.

Blue Room said:

I dont think any U2 song HAS to be played. I was in the Streets always needed to be done camp previously. But after this tour I dont think it is a must any longer. I still love the song and it is still great, but this tours version of Streets is the weakest they have done IMO. If it took a break for a tour (as was the bands original intention) it wouldnt bother me.

As far as the songs you listed. SBS has been missing for large portions of Zoo TV and Popmart (and this was just Edge, not full band). They didnt play it at all for the Lovetown tour. So its not a must and never has been. Same can be said for ISHFWILF, it wasnt even done for most of the first leg of this tour. Pride you may have a point on, even though I think its been done to death and needs a break. Although Bono did not want to do if for Popmart but was overuled by the rest of the band.

i agree with all of this

Back
Top Bottom