Why Vertigo 2 was good at Twickenham 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mo786

War Child
Cause I walked out when it started and it allowed me to get one of the free buses back to the train station (LOADSSSS of people were already out when I got outside)

I also noticed as you walked out there was a ringfenced area with people behind it - did they not have tickets and were allowed to watch from inside or something?

was it also exciting because you'd never anticipate U2 playing the same song twice in a concert in the year 2005...:ohmy:

So that's where all the free buses went - to all the people who left early. I stayed, missed the train and spent 4 1/2 hours making the 60 mile journey home!!! but it was worth it coz Twickers 2 rocked.

hey to each his own, but I just find it so odd to start a thread about how an encore 'was good' because it let you leave early to catch a bus. Tricked me though! I thought this would be about what they did different with the song.:|

cheers...

there were LOADS of buses outside the stadium on the left (before tesco) - when i left the GA right at the start of Vertigo 2 loads of them were already full - from what i saw i think thye also had loads in the tesco car park (which is where they originally said they would) -so thery musta had quite a few..

Yes, loads of people left because Vertigo 2 wasnt good enough to hang around for - I woulda stayed for any other song.

mo786 said:
there were LOADS of buses outside the stadium on the left (before tesco) - when i left the GA right at the start of Vertigo 2 loads of them were already full - from what i saw i think thye also had loads in the tesco car park (which is where they originally said they would) -so thery musta had quite a few..

Yes, loads of people left because Vertigo 2 wasnt good enough to hang around for - I woulda stayed for any other song.

I think you'll find loads of people left because they thought the show was over. 95% of them there probably don't read or follow the set-lists. See lots of shows where bands do the 2 encores thing and people just don't realise it isn't over. Oh well, their loss...

yes some people left in the encore thinking it was over - but a large chunk left after Yahweh and when vertigo started because they didnt wnat to see it again and thought it was easier to leave

Wow i don't understand leaving early....unless of course you really really must like its the one bus or train or whatever that will take you home.
But leaving just because they play Vertigo again?....Vertigo is not that bad of a song, and i have heard it through Bootlegs played twice i actually find it quite amusing ...sure i would like them to play something else...but i think if i was there live in the moment i wouldn't care...i would want to soke up has much time with U2 has possible.

mo786 said:
yes some people left in the encore thinking it was over - but a large chunk left after Yahweh and when vertigo started because they didnt wnat to see it again and thought it was easier to leave

Hmm... Not from where I was. I was sat up 'in the gods' (the missus is pregnant) and Vert2 took the lid of the place! It really worked! I didn't see many people leaving... but to be fair that wasn't what I was paying attention to.

By the way, because you left early, I guess you didnt catch the thousands of people walking through twix singing vertigo after the gig... guess it worked for them too.

MR

Yes vertigo isnt bad - but its worth leaving 3 minutes early to avoid having to be stuck in the train station for 40 mins+ (twickenhams expected queue time) - by getting early on the bus personally saved me 1 walk and 1 train journey

I left prob about 30 secs into vertigo and when i got outside there was already loads of people outside (i.e in droves going out of the exit and waiting for buses)

angel_28 said:
Wow i don't understand leaving early....unless of course you really really must like its the one bus or train or whatever that will take you home.
But leaving just because they play Vertigo again?....Vertigo is not that bad of a song, and i have heard it through Bootlegs played twice i actually find it quite amusing ...sure i would like them to play something else...but i think if i was there live in the moment i wouldn't care...i would want to soke up has much time with U2 has possible.

agreed. I would NEVER leave a U2 show early. Unless I started dying or something...in which case...nope, I still wouldn't leave a U2 show early, better to die happy :wink:

Back
Top Bottom