why no "stuck in a moment"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shaun vox

New Yorker
they need to add this little song.
its easy and a great sing along!!!
drop elevation and add stuck in a moment!!!!
play it live when you come back to the usa u2:drool:

shaun vox wants u2 to play stuck in a moment?

does this make sense to anyone?

...the mystery deepens.

Zoomerang96 said:
shaun vox wants u2 to play stuck in a moment?

does this make sense to anyone?

...the mystery deepens.

i was thinking the same thing

Not the greatest song they've written. Original of the species tops the list for the worst song.

Doc Ocho said:
ATCLYB=All that can't leave you behind? Is this a new album I haven't heard of yet? :wink:

We use acronyms quite a lot on here. You'll get used to it. :wink:

I was at the LA rehearsal and they actually played an odd version of the song. Edge played keyboards and Bono played a lil' guitar. It, for the most part, was really beautiful sounding, except they didn't end the song very well. They kind of dragged it on.

blueyedpoet said:
I was at the LA rehearsal and they actually played an odd version of the song. Edge played keyboards and Bono played a lil' guitar. It, for the most part, was really beautiful sounding, except they didn't end the song very well. They kind of dragged it on.

Correct me if I'[m wrong, but after that performance, Bono made a comment about them butchering the song.

I know it was done in private rehearsals between the two San Diego shows too, but I guess they decided it just wasn't working. I also suspect it hasn't shown up because Yahweh (the song it was played with at the rehearsal) was moved from the middle to the end of the set.

blueyedpoet said:

So no Adam and Larry? Even though I love Larry and Adam on Stuck I would LOVE to listen to this new version. The sound of a piano and an acoustic guitar together is great! I really wish they would play this song again. Hopefully on the third leg.

TheBrazilianFly said:

So no Adam and Larry? Even though I love Larry and Adam on Stuck I would LOVE to listen to this new version. The sound of a piano and an acoustic guitar together is great! I really wish they would play this song again. Hopefully on the third leg.

I was also at the L.A. dress rehearsal show and while the song was mainly played by Bono and The Edge, Adam and Larry did join in towards the ending of the song. It was a unique arrangement of the song, but it did seem that it needed some work to make it flow better.

It was played in the middle of the set along with Yahweh which made a 2 song acoustic section in the show, which I guess the band decided against doing after that first show.

because it's WAY down on the list in U2s fantastic catalogue....

actually, i think the reason for Stuck not being played is because the Vertigo tour is a more "in your face rawk" tour. The only slow moments really are the ballad new stuff and RTSS.....Stuck is too poppy for this tour.....How would they work the dizzying lights for Stuck? Don't think it would work.

I don't HATE it, per se, but it seems like it would be a hard song to place. It's not a rocker or a soaring ballad...kind of a soul/pop tempo that really wouldn't fit nicely anywhere in the setlist.

Halup said:

I was also at the L.A. dress rehearsal show and while the song was mainly played by Bono and The Edge, Adam and Larry did join in towards the ending of the song. It was a unique arrangement of the song, but it did seem that it needed some work to make it flow better.

That sounds like a cool arrangement, I prefer the acoustic version of Stuck to the album version. I would enjoy seeing this one come back, I thought it was very good live on Elevation... it's a shame this song is thought of so negatively, I think mainly it suffers from bad production (and those damn annoying popping sounds), the song itself is quite good and has helped me feel better about things on many occassions. I especially love the end with Bono and Edge singing together. Not that Bono and Edge singing together is anything rare but it seems very intimate in this song.

It bombed at the rehearsal........and Bono's voice cracks when they sing it............love the song, but I doubt it'll be back on this tour......or maybe ever?

Back
Top Bottom