Why is Vertigo only played twice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
I think they should play it four more times.. because Bono counts Uno, Dos, Tres, Cautorce... or they could play it three more times, or even 14 more times... :ohmy:

So this would be the new setlist
1.Vertigo
2.COBL
3.Vertigo
4.SYCMIOYO
5.Vertigo
6.MD
7.Vetigo
8.LAPOE
9.Vertigo
10.SBS
11.Vertigo
12.New Years day
13.Vertigo
14.Streets
15.Vertigo
16.One
17.Vertigo
18.Elevation
19.Vertigo
20.Beautiful Day

Encore

21.Vertigo
22. The Fly
23. Vertigo
24.Yahweh

Encore

25.Vertigo
26. Party girl
27.Vertigo/Stories for boys
28. Bad/40

just leave them be please! they want to play vertigo twice in a concert so what! i would rather them do a world tour and play vertigo twice than no world tour at all!

how about they play the music to different songs, but use the lyrics to Vertigo in every one of them. it would add a whole new flavor to RTTS.

mikal said:
how about they play the music to different songs, but use the lyrics to Vertigo in every one of them. it would add a whole new flavor to RTTS.

:lmao:

mikal said:

Now THERE is how they should reinvent Bullet on the next tour!

mikal said:

that's true; they should.
and then people can complain about it and you can call them whiners; then the cycle will be complete and we can all dream of a new tommorrow.

JOFO said:

that's true; they should.
and then people can complain about it and you can call them whiners; then the cycle will be complete and we can all dream of a new tommorrow.

A new Tomorrow?

What, with the lyrics to Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own instead?

So where the streets have vertigo
pride in the name of vertigo
runnming to get vertigo
City of blinding vertigo
until the end of vertigo
and with or without vertigo will all be making tour deubts soon will they?

As long as they never play out of vertigo i will be happy

And rename all their albums to

Vertigo Uno
Vertigo Dos
Vertigo Tres
Vertigo Catorce
Vertigo Catorce Uno
Vertigo Catorce Dos
Vertigo Catorce Tres
Vertigo Catorce Catorce
Vertigo Catorce Catorce Uno

etc.

mikal said:

I LOVE this idea...Oh by the way..will record a live version of Yahweh to proof to everybody once and for all that it CAN be played and that is rocks full band:wink:

If you want my opinion, Vertigo isn't one of the 50 best songs of U2. Actually, I think this song is too commercial, made to rejoin most people as possible. It isn't really the real U2. If you want the real U2, listen to Bad, One, All Because of You, Crumbs, ... :wink:

nobody reads this

Axver said:

Now THERE is how they should reinvent Bullet on the next tour!

so, instead of the ONE HUNDRED... TWO HUNDRED.. THREE HUNDREED... FOUR HUNDREED.. Bono should say "CIEN, DOSCIENTOS, TRESCIENTOS, MILCUATROCIENTOS!!!" :rockon:

unosdostres14 said:
And rename all their albums to

Vertigo Uno
Vertigo Dos
Vertigo Tres
Vertigo Catorce
Vertigo Catorce Uno
Vertigo Catorce Dos
Vertigo Catorce Tres
Vertigo Catorce Catorce
Vertigo Catorce Catorce Uno

etc.

Catorce Catorce :lmao:

A two hour version of Vertigo would be :drool: think of it, they could snippet every song they've ever written, and STILL BE PLAYING VERTIGO!!!

I like the idea of every song with Vertigo's lyrics too. Or they could mix it up and sometimes play Vertigo with other song's lyrics. Bono's bound to forget the lyrics to a song as complicated as Vertigo anyway, might as well sing something else!! "HELLO HELLO...I'm at a place called...called...Sunday bloody suuuundaaaayy!! And you can dream, so dream out loud, I can FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL"

You give me something I STIIIIIIIIILLLLL haven't found what I'm looking for!

Back
Top Bottom