Why hasn't 'Even Better Than The Real Thing' been played yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
In the whole Achtung Baby / Zoo TV song choice? They've pretty much played the first 6 songs from a Zoo TV concert...

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

Not exactly in that order, but along those lines...

Why has EBTTRT been passed up? It would fit in great with the encore...

Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing

All Because Of You
With Or Without You
Bad

Can't say I miss it that much.
It's been played at every Zoo and Popmart show, so I think it's time it leaved some space to other (IMHO: much better) Achtung songs.

U2FanPeter said:
I think it was only played 5 times on elevation

and I saw 2 of those shows.

Actually, it made ten Elevation shows, along with one of the ATYCLB promo gigs.

After it appeared on one of U2's concert tuning sheets, I'm a bit surprised it didn't show up (WGRYWH and Stuck, the other two songs on the list that weren't played, have now appeared - or in Stuck's case, had already been done at a rehearsal).

I can't say I'm really that sad it hasn't appeared, though. I'd like to see some different songs than more Achtung - I think half a past album's total tracks are quite enough! Albums like October, UF, RAH, Zooropa, and Pop should be represented more rather than performing yet another Achtung track.

Doesn't bother me; I always felt EBTTRT was the least interesting song musically on AB. I don't dislike it by any means, but I'd rather hear EVERY other song on that album before this one. I mean fuck, man, how cool would it be if they busted out TTTYAATW on this tour? We already got two supremely cool AB classics that aren't getting played nearly enough (Zoo and Horses), so it would suck if they added yet another "been there" song to the rotation...

I thought it was really misplaced on the Elevation tour myself?
EBTTRT was a highlight on Zoo-TV and on Popmart it was cool.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. Really like the song , don`t get me wrong.
But I seriously hate the Perfecto Mix of EBTTRT:wink:

Back
Top Bottom