Why doesn't U2 end with Crumbs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
The song itself is a part of Walk On, and part of One combined together... the song ends with a positive, rocking message... I think it would be a great way to end the concert... it would flow like this...

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Gloria
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Bad
Miracle Drug
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Please
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (acoustic)
Stuck In A Moment
With Or Without You

All Because Of You
Yahweh
Crumbs From Your Table

Crumbs rocks -

I was thrilled Tuesday night when they played it. It should be in the permanent part of the setlist.

theu2fly said:
The song itself is a part of Walk On, and part of One combined together...
:eyebrow:

Crumbs is a rock song, One is a balad. Crumbs is about fighting AIDS in Africa, One is about the band falling apart. During Crumbs people start jumping, during One people take their lighters out.

Now HOW can you say there's similarity between those songs? :wink:

I agree that although this song rocks, the melody isn't really a "finale" type of song. I mean, Walk On and Yahweh just have that SOUND.

Crumbs is catchy but just not sing along enough. I don't know if it belongs near the front a la Gone, as Gone's chorus SOARS where Crumbs's kind of sails. It would be good near the end of the first set when they need to put some kick back into the show, or as the first encore. I mean, anything would be better than nudging people awake with an acousting rendition of The fucking First Time.

Here you go, I'll run down how this Africa section of the show ought to work:

(Miss Sarajevo)
Pride
Crumbs From Your Table (African flag background - Bono repeats the words "Crumbs from your table" once or twice as the the organ starts up for...)
Where The Streets Have No Name (RED background)
One

knox said:

(Miss Sarajevo)
Pride
Crumbs From Your Table (African flag background - Bono repeats the words "Crumbs from your table" once or twice as the the organ starts up for...)
One

Brilliant idea.
Just cut Pride.

knox said:

(Miss Sarajevo)
Pride
One

See, I'd go for this just because of the RED background for Streets. It's the way it should be. :D

Back
Top Bottom