Who's wants a game of setlist trivia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if im not mistaken it was during the "Under Australian Skies" tour. what about the magic carpet ?:huh:

Q: why was Do You Feel Loved? dropped?

Nisse said:
if im not mistaken it was during the "Under Australian Skies" tour. what about the magic carpet ?:huh:

Q: why was Do You Feel Loved? dropped?

Because the band thought it killed the momentum of the show and didnt really work well live. I disagree with them, but their show, their perogative.

Q: What was Bono's production idea that was too expensive to pull off and subsequently caused a POP song not to be performed live? What was that song?

A: Bono wanted projectors to flash lotto balls during the Playboy Mansion. I don't remember the exact details, but it was something like that. The song was The Playboy Mansion, duh.

Q: How many times was 40 played during Zoo TV/PopMart combined?

I like this little game question/answer. So liamcool, to answer your question (pretty tough one):

A: 4 times; Atlanta, Seattle, Sao Polo, Johannesburg

Q: What was the name of the city where U2 played «Yellow» (the Coldplay song) for the only time?

A: Trip Through Your Wires.

Q: How many times has 40 been played in full and not closed a show? When? What followed it?

Axver said:
A: Trip Through Your Wires.

Q: How many times has 40 been played in full and not closed a show? When? What followed it?

Twice I believe. First at the first Houston show of the JT tour (I dont remember the exact date), it was followed by Trip Through Your Wires and Southern Man. Second I think was one of the shows in East Rutherford Vertigo shows, and it was followed by Vertigo.

I dont have a question though, someone else can ask another one.

:up: Blue Room wins. 1987-04-07, Houston and 2005-05-17, East Rutherford.

Q: What song from Pop has been played the most times live?

No one continued the game by asking a new question, so I'll ask one...

Q: What was the 12th song to be played in the setlist of the show played in 29/04/1987?

A: Like A Song. Fire was also only played once on War.

(Challenging Q: What are all the songs that have been played live before their studio version [either on an album or single] was officially released?)

Q: On what tours has The Cry preceded The Electric Co.?

(Challenging Q: All Boy tour songs, all October tours songs except Tomorrow, A Celebration, Like A Song..., Sunday Bloody Sunday, New Year's Day, Surrender, Two Hearts, Seconds, Forty, all UF tour songs, Exit, Trip Through Your Wires, Slow Dancing, Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad, Beautiful Day, Elevation, Vertigo, there's probably heaps more)

A: Boy, October, War, UF, Vertigo

Q: Which single had the shortest span between earliest play and last play?

I didn't know Fire was only played once on the War Tour...that means that Fire and Like a Song were played both only once and it was in the same show...i think Dundee?

And "which single had the shortest span between earliest play and last play?"

- Was it "A Celebration"?

If not I'll say Sweetest Thing, Another Day or If God Will Send His Angels

The single the single that had the shortest span between earliest play and last play is ANOTHER DAY with 152 days; followed closely by LEMON with 154 days.

If I'm right, here is my question:

Q: In what city did the song «Bad» has been played most times?

PG Canada said:
I didn't know Fire was only played once on the War Tour...that means that Fire and Like a Song were played both only once and it was in the same show...i think Dundee?

Just wanted to clear this up about Fire. It was played a few times on the opening leg of the WAR tour in 1982 also and quite a bit on the October tour. Like A Song was only played one time period.

So....anyone wanna take on my question???

Q: In what city did the song «Bad» has been played most times?

Blue Room said:

Just wanted to clear this up about Fire. It was played a few times on the opening leg of the WAR tour in 1982 also and quite a bit on the October tour. Like A Song was only played one time period.

Fire was played on 1982's Pre-War Tour, yes, but the question asked for what song was only played once on the War Tour, and Fire only made one War Tour show, 26 February 1983, Dundee.

Axver said:

Fire was played on 1982's Pre-War Tour, yes, but the question asked for what song was only played once on the War Tour, and Fire only made one War Tour show, 26 February 1983, Dundee.

How are the shows in late 1982 PRE War tour. They were playing primarily War songs? Thats like saying the shows in Japan in late 1983 were the POST War tour. :laugh: No big deal, but that is REALLY splitting hairs.

Blue Room said:

How are the shows in late 1982 PRE War tour. They were playing primarily War songs? Thats like saying the shows in Japan in late 1983 were the POST War tour. :laugh: No big deal, but that is REALLY splitting hairs.

I've always seen it labelled as the Pre-War Tour.

The way I see it, it was more of a warm-up, where they started to test out War songs. As it was, they only played three War songs, and Bono did announce that the Dundee show was the commencation of the War Tour proper.

Back
Top Bottom