Which songs from this album will be on the next tour? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > U2 Setlists
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2005, 02:02 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Which songs from this album will be on the next tour?

Forget about what set list would be your ideal... no matter how many posts about "acrobat" you make it's up to 4 Irish men to make that decision.

So I'm asking you to put on your Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry caps.

Which HTDAAB songs will make it to the next tour? What I mean is, which 1 to 3 songs will make it to the setlist most everynight?

My guesses ---

FOR SURE IN MY BOOK

-- Vertigo
-- City Of Blinding Lights

MOST LIKELY
-- All Because of You
-- SYCMIOYO
-- Yahweh

Songs like "Original", "Miracle Drug", "Love and Peace or Else" I think are too close to the theme of this tour like "Walk On", "Kite", and "New York" were to the last tour. Might be played once in awhile, but won't become Beautiful Day or Elevation.

What do you think?

Old 11-20-2005, 02:28 AM   #2
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:53 AM
Vertigo's obvious. Regardless of the theme of the next album and tour, Vertigo will be in the set.

I'd like to think COBL will be in the set but I'm not willing to guarantee it at this point. I imagine if there's some epic feeling or theme, or if U2 want to drop Streets for a tour, COBL will make it. If the album/tour's more rocking and aggessive, LAPOE. More emotional and personal, SYCMIOYO. I bet Yahweh could keep showing up in any future acoustic set. And I keep wondering if Fast Cars stands any chance of becoming the Party Girl of the 2000s.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-20-2005, 04:01 AM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:53 AM
Vertigo and City of blinding lights for sure IMO.

Hopefully Love and peace or else, this is close to becoming what Bad and UTEOTW are - a show stopper of future tours.

If a fourth song makes it, probably Sometimes. (maybe Miracle Drug making a few apperances)
Old 11-20-2005, 05:32 AM   #4
War Child

Local Time: 12:53 AM
Vertigo and COBL , I think.

The rest I`m not so sure about.
Maybe later in the tour in acoustic form or so?
You know , when the band decide to take a cool song out like Zoo Station and replace it with ABOY acoustic

Cheers ,

Mauwer
Old 11-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Vertigo (for sure)
COBL (most likely)
LAPOE (sporadically)
ABOY (idem)
OOTS (rarely)
Yahweh (in an acoustic set or as a sporadic closer)
Old 11-20-2005, 08:17 AM   #6
Acrobat

Local Time: 08:53 AM
OOTS for sure. Wait and see how successful it will become as single.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:53 PM
Vertigo and COBL will most definitely make it I believe

If there aren't anymore ballads like Sometimes I think it'll make it (like how Kite was replaced)

who knows, Love and Peace might actually take Bullet's spot next tour

All Because of You and Yahweh can make random appearances

Original could make it, Bono has said it's his favorite song from The Bomb, except he also said his faves are Stay and Your Blue Room, so you do the math
Old 11-20-2005, 12:14 PM   #8
Acrobat

Great thread.

I was certain that Elevation -- since it lent its name to the previous tour and opened every show -- would be left off the Vertigo list. I was wrong there, of course, and there is even less chance that this tour's namesake gets dropped -- Vertigo's a "bigger" song for U2 and they clearly love playing it. Some nights, more than once.

Instead, it could be COBL that the band feels is too associated with his tour and gets dropped. Or, it could slide back into the role Beautiful Day has on this show -- in the main set, not in a premiere spot (usually played 5th - 8th per night) but still gets played.

If Bullet finally gets retired, Love + Peace will take its place. A different presentation (no drums for Bono, I bet) but still a monster. I could see Sometimes You Can't... still hanging around -- maybe like Stuck in a Moment... does now.

ABOY, I think, will still get played every so often. Yahweh once in while -- or, it becomes a song that gets snippetted a lot but rarely played in full. Original, I believe, will be one that gets played more than we expect -- maybe they even work out an acoustic arrangement.

Miracle Drug probably doesn't come back.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:31 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:53 PM
vertigo, city of blinding lights, love and peace or else will be played every night i bet.

original, all because of you, yahweh might make spoaradic appareances. it depends on how big of a hit original becomes as well.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
Refugee

Local Time: 07:53 PM
I truly don't see LOVE OR PEACE OR ELSE making it. In fact, that's the song that inspired my thread.

I was thinking that so many love that song during this tour (I think it's much better LIVE than it was on the album for me, but I don't love the song like most people on this board) but this is exactly the song that WON'T be played next tour.

It has that NEW YORK feel to me. It worked very well during this tour, the WAR TRIOLOGY, but will it replace BULLETT or SBS, maybe?, but most likely not.

Then again, when U2 releases it's next kick ass album, around 2008 (most likely), they won't have many slots yet to include so many songs from past albums...

Right now it seems that VERTIGO is the only one we know 99% will be played everynight during the next tour.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:32 PM   #11
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:53 AM
I think it'd be a good idea to look at this statistically.

Firstly, I'd like to look at how many songs U2 have played on a tour from the immediately previous album, going from ZooTV onwards.

ZooTV: Desire, Angel Of Harlem, When Love Comes To Town (3/3 singles)
Popmart: Even Better Than The Real Thing, One, Until The End Of The World, Mysterious Ways (3/4 singles)
Elevation: Discotheque, Staring At The Sun, Gone, Please, Wake Up Dead Man (3/5 singles)
Vertigo: Beautiful Day, Stuck, Elevation, Walk On, In A Little While (4/5 singles)

Past pattern says that at least three songs appear on the next tour and the majority are singles. Of course, with U2's catalogue expanding, the available slots for representation diminish all the time, unless U2 start major setlist variation.

So what singles do we have to consider? Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, City Of Blinding Lights, All Because Of You, and Original Of The Species.

It's worth noting that Wake Up Dead Man proves a song can be played sporadically initially and still make the next tour. OOTS has, until recently, been played very sporadically.

Honestly, I'm not so sure we can predict much beyond Vertigo as we don't know what the theme of the next album will be. Whether or not U2 want to rock or be very personal or whatever will have a major influence on what progresses to the next tour from HTDAAB, I'm sure.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 11-20-2005, 09:11 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:53 PM
I think Vertigo and City of Blinding Lights will be played next tour.

Original Of The Species will be played but not in every show.

All Because Of You, Miracle Drug and maybe Yahweh might get played from time to time. That's what I think.

Maybe they use Vertigo to open a rocking encore next tour.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #13
The Fly

Local Time: 08:53 PM
Vertigo will be a regular like Streets is. Others like OOTS,LAPOE,SYCMIOYO,Miracle Drug,Yaweh, ABOY will be played infrequently in IMHO.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:45 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:53 PM
Love And Peace Or Else because I said so and they should listen to me.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:48 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Queen Bee
Love And Peace Or Else because I said so and they should listen to me.
Or maybe LAPOE opens a rocking encore next tour. Followed by Vertigo and a then a new rocking song in the style of ABOY which could be followed by The Electric Co. Oh my, oh my.