Which Bomb songs are "keepers" for the next tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
The only obvious choice is City Of Blinding Lights. If they fail to play it the next time out, it would be criminal.

Vertigo -- I really like this song live, now. I say keep it.

Frankly, the rest I could do without. Love And Peace is a nifty number, but I think I'd rather hear other stuff that it would take the place of. I used to be really high on Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, but I don't know how I'd feel about it four years down the road.

I think there are two really obvious ones: Vertigo, because it's just so huge (which will probably mean this is the last time 'round for Elevation unless they want a similar rocker - I don't think ABOY will survive), and SYCMIOYO due to its meaning.

I would also very much hope COBL remains in the setlist. Indeed, the band spoke of cutting Streets before this tour, and while COBL is not Streets, it could serve the same purpose in the setlist. Also, if the band are willing to drop Bullet and/or SBS and have no problem with Bono destroying drumskins, I can see LAPOE surviving.

Miracle Drug, ABOY, forget it. OOTS's lack of play means it probably won't last either, though I wouldn't be startled if it remained a rarity like on this tour. Yahweh ... only if there's an acoustic set do I think it stands a chance. Crumbs has only been done once, but if they keep playing it, it could survive as a Pride replacement. Unlikely, but we all can hope.

I think COBL and Vertigo too!!!!

SYCMIOYO was a hit in Europe , who knows what`s gonna happen to that tune?
It may suffer the same fate as Kite?

L&P or Else is the New York of this tour.
Don`t think it will survive , hope I`m wrong coz it`s a good tune live.

The rest I think will be excluded the next time.
But I might be wrong again?

Cheers ,

Mauwer

city of blinding lights and sometimes ... i still havent heard crumbs yet but i heard the brussels instrumental of it and axver just gave me and idea that city of blinding lights could replace streets and crumbs replace pride which would be pretty cool but i love streets so i wouldn't want it to go but they could rotate it

COBL and vertigo are certs i think. i'd love to hear OOTS get a good full run on the next tour. it's a fantastic and criminally underrated song (underrated by the band anyway).

COBL & Vertigo, and Mercy. LAPOE maybe, depends on if there will be a similar in the next album.

Vertigo is the only cartain thing... maybe Crumbs if they get to play it a lot... it's a good song

SYCMIOYO won't because is "too bomb"... iI don't know.. too personal to be singing it every time next tour... maybe for Bob's death anniversary or something... is like Kite

MD... the best of the album in my opinion, but it would be weird in the next tour... maybe the one after that

LAPOE... a show only for Vertigo Tour

OOTS, great, but I don't think so.. even though I think it has more chances that Sometimes...

Yahweh is ine of the few that could come back for sure IF they play the album version

ABOY... I love the album version, but in live it's kinda ackward

these are my 2 cents

Vertigo is the only one that will definitely be back.

Last time around, I would've said that Walk On was a definite keeper, and maybe New York. Obviously, I would've been wrong.

I don't think COBL will continue any further. It'll be done after this tour. The only song with a decent chance is SYCMIOYO. But just like the powerful and emotional Walk On was dropped, SYCMIOYO may well be dropped too.

As for the rest, yeah, Crumbs might have a decent shot at sticking around. It certainly deserves it! It'll be interesting to see how that song is doing by November and December.

On U2's next tour...

...I think that they'll play:

Vertigo
City of Blinding Lights

...I think they may play:

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Crumbs From Your Table
Yahweh
(all due to their message/meaning/stuff)

...I think they should play:

Fast Cars
Crumbs From Your Table
A Man And A Woman

Just to play Devil's advocate. We have no clue what kind of tour the next one (assuming there is one) will be. Before this tour would you have guessed we would have gotten so many 'Boy' and older songs like we have.

The next tour may or may not even have a new album to promote. Possibly a greatest hits tour?

Or how bout this concept? A tour where they play every song they've ever written throughout the journey.

Show #1:
2 songs from Boy
2 from October
2 from War
2 from Unforgettable Fire
2 from Joshua Tree
2 from Achtung Baby
2 from Zooropa
2 from Pop
2 from All that You Can't Leave Behind
2 from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
3 or 4 singles/unreleased/b-side/random songs
Total = 23 or 24 songs

Show #2:
2 different songs from Boy
2 different songs from October
2 different songs from War
2 different songs from Unforgettable Fire
2 different songs from Joshua Tree
2 different songs from Achtung Baby
2 different songs from Zooropa
2 different songs from Pop
2 different songs from All that You Can't Leave Behind
2 different songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
3 or 4 different singles/unreleased/b-side/random songs
Total = 23 or 24 songs

and so on until all songs have been played.
When an album runs out just start again. Then re-start the whole thing over and over for the entire TOUR!

Vertigo and SYCMIOYO. COBL possibly, and LAPOE maybe.

As Axver said, if Streets gets dropped, which frankly, while I love it, it would be such a fresh change to NOT see it on a setlist anymore. COBL could in a sense replace it. And Bullet and SBS could be dropped for LAPOE, as Axver said.

ABOY - NO WAY
Miracle Drug - This tours version of Kite
Original of the Species - Nope
Yahweh - Nope
Crumbs - Nope

-------------------------------------------------
With Vertigo staying, Elevation will be gone.

So, as far as the last two albums, I think regulars in the next tour will be -

Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
Beautiful Day

COBL (If Streets is dropped)
LAPOE (If Bullet/SBS are dropped)

I find it funny that most of you are dismissing ABOY for the next tour. I know its not a fan favorite, but neither was Elevation with alot of fans. Truth of the matter is the band likes playing it. I think it may survive to the next tour as much as alot here would hate it.

Vertigo (no brainer), and I think Sometimes and/or City will make it. Kind of depends on what the tour is like and what the new album is like and how the Bomb songs fit in really.

Zoocoustic said:
Vertigo.

That will be it.

Agreed! I believe next tour will showcase the pop/zooropa era of songs and work that theme along with their next album.

Last edited:
probably vertigo, just like they're annoying me with elevation this tour.

DEFINITE KEEPERS -

- City of Blinding Lights
- Crumbs From Your Table ( even tho they've hardly played it this tour so far )
- Love and Peace or Else

PROBABLE

- Miracle Drug
- All Because of You
- Vertigo

rwolins1 said:
Just to play Devil's advocate. We have no clue what kind of tour the next one (assuming there is one) will be. Before this tour would you have guessed we would have gotten so many 'Boy' and older songs like we have.

The next tour may or may not even have a new album to promote. Possibly a greatest hits tour?

Or how bout this concept? A tour where they play every song they've ever written throughout the journey.

Show #1:
2 songs from Boy
2 from October
2 from War
2 from Unforgettable Fire
2 from Joshua Tree
2 from Achtung Baby
2 from Zooropa
2 from Pop
2 from All that You Can't Leave Behind
2 from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
3 or 4 singles/unreleased/b-side/random songs
Total = 23 or 24 songs

Show #2:
2 different songs from Boy
2 different songs from October
2 different songs from War
2 different songs from Unforgettable Fire
2 different songs from Joshua Tree
2 different songs from Achtung Baby
2 different songs from Zooropa
2 different songs from Pop
2 different songs from All that You Can't Leave Behind
2 different songs from How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
3 or 4 different singles/unreleased/b-side/random songs
Total = 23 or 24 songs

and so on until all songs have been played.
When an album runs out just start again. Then re-start the whole thing over and over for the entire TOUR!

Cool idea!

Here's my suggestion:

Zoo Station
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Seconds
Bad
Walk On
Dirty Day
Helter Skelter
Wake Up Dead Man
Elvis Presley & America
Pride
Mysterious Ways
Where the Streets Have No Name
In God's Country
Numb
City of Blinding Lights
Discotheque
Miracle Drug
Last Night on Earth
Beautiful Day
Rejoice

City of Blinding Lights. Everyone enjoys this song live. Its too epic to not play again.

Vertigo. Could serve as a good encore song. Though I thought the same for Elevation and there playing that as the 3rd-4th song this tour.

Back
Top Bottom