Where is the rehearsal list from Thursday? (a.k.a. you're killing me here...)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bean_Counter

The Fly
I have seen the list from Wednesday night and the list that Axver has compiled. Based just on the list of rehearsed songs I think that I will spontaneously combust at some point point during the show. Anyway, does the Axver list include the songs rehearsed from Thursday night?

C'mon Vancouver people, we need you!!!!

Kev

I got there sometime before 8 and they stopped playing around 8.20 - presumably for the rest of the night off for "rest". I heard:

Streets
RTSS
Fly
Zoo Station(!?!?!?!?!?)
Vertigo(w/ SFB verse in the breakdown/bridge and again repeated in the coda)

They fooled around for a minute between songs, but it was one song after another with no repeats. They definitely know the material. They were playing at FULL concert volume and it was much louder than the 2001 soundchecks I heard at the same venue and the Tacoma Dome.

Bono was singing at about 75% of his capacity, but for Vertigo he was really "given-'her". No problem hitting the 'Feel's' with ease.

Since 4/5 songs I heard were fast songs, they must have been in a raucous mood.

Even though it was mentioned in both major local papers, The Sun and The Province, I only counted 4 other fans listening around the venue.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:
I got there sometime before 8 and they stopped playing around 8.20 - presumably for the rest of the night off for "rest". I heard:

Streets
RTSS
Fly
Zoo Station(!?!?!?!?!?)
Vertigo(w/ SFB verse in the breakdown/bridge and again repeated in the coda)

They fooled around for a minute between songs, but it was one song after another with no repeats. They definitely know the material. They were playing at FULL concert volume and it was much louder than the 2001 soundchecks I heard at the same venue and the Tacoma Dome.

Bono was singing at about 75% of his capacity, but for Vertigo he was really "given-'her". No problem hitting the 'Feel's' with ease.

Since 4/5 songs I heard were fast songs, they must have been in a raucous mood.

Even though it was mentioned in both major local papers, The Sun and The Province, I only counted 4 other fans listening around the venue.

U2FP

Nice job! Are you going again tonight?

After 6pm I should head down - I'll be in a red jacket.

I might bring a old doctors stethoscope my that's in my house. See if that helps the muffled sound.

U2FP

U2FanPeter said:

I might bring a old doctors stethoscope my that's in my house. See if that helps the muffled sound.

U2FP

Go for it Peter! Please give a full report on your findings upon your return!:wink:

U2FanPeter said:

U2FP

LOL!!! We are some crazy U2 fans. Go far it man and be sure to post a report tonight.

Last edited:
If they play the Zoo version of RTSS and/or Zoo Station when I see them, well, I may just wet myself...

Roland of Gilead said:
I am curious on the version of RTSS being rehearsed. Lovetown or Zoo TV?

Who says it will be either of them? C'mon, they didn't play it for 10 years. Don't you expect a new version of the song? I do! :drool:

Rumors were acoustic Running to stand still weren't they?

atu2.com says "openers for Zoo TV and Elevation were worked on".

Zoo Station :drool: :drool: , and let me add one more :drool:

that would be a huge surprise for me. I always saw it as the essential opener for ZOOTV, with the whole "ready for what's next..." I wasnt surprised they never played it on the two tours since.

this would be great. I wish I knew they were rehearsing a few weeks ahead of time, would fly out there a few days and just sit outside with a recorder. Yes, i'm that obsessed with the tour at this point

I remember driving back and forth each day from Orlando o Miami for rehearsals.
What a night!! I got to meet every band member and meet some amazing new people that I am still friends with.
I remember listeing, ear to the wall outside the venue as they played In A Little While for the first time.
God I'm getting chills just thinking of it and tears bc they should have been here in Florida again!

Does anyone know where the boys hit after the rehearsal? (Irish Heather was the obvious prediction.) Any Bono spottings outside of GM Place after they were finished? I stuck around until 7pm but I had to catch a flight this morning so I couldn't stay any later.

I wish I'd come earlier yesterday - I didn't get to hear Streets. The rest, from what I could make out, sounded great! I'm excited to hear how the SFB/Vertigo medley will turn out. And Larry was going apeshit on the drums yesterday!

Back
Top Bottom