Where is The Electric Co.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuvandPeace1980

War Child
I was looking forward to hearing this song with my brother as he has never heard it live.
Why have they dropped one of the best songs from the tour so far from the set list I wonder?
It's more greatest hits based now.

It'll probably return for Australia. You deserve it, it's so good that you can't believe it sometimes.

God Part III said:
It'll probably return for Australia. You deserve it, it's so good that you can't believe it sometimes.

if i hadn't been with 70,000 other people, i'd have broke down in tears during Edge's solo everytime i saw it last summer.

LuvandPeace1980 said:
I was looking forward to hearing this song with my brother as he has never heard it live.
Why have they dropped one of the best songs from the tour so far from the set list I wonder?
It's more greatest hits based now.

See Willie's tour diary for the reason. I dont really agree with the reasoning, but you are asking why its been dropped currently.

As others have said, it may return when they get to Australia.

Arcadion said:
I'm sorry but UTEOW is a worthy replacement. I hope it stays for Australia.

Alot of people would probably agree with that (I'm not one of them, even though I do like UTEOTW also). Difference is this. UTEOTW has been done on every single tour since Zoo. Electric Co was last done prior to this tour in 1987 (and it was done sparingly in 87). It hasnt been done in Australia since 1984. So given the choice, I think most fans that know their catalog and have been to the last tour that went down under would prefer Electric Co. :shrug:

Maybe even Axver will agree with me on this. (although I will be shocked if he does).

Blue Room said:
Maybe even Axver will agree with me on this. (although I will be shocked if he does).

Why would you be shocked? I agree with every word you've said.

I've made no secret of the fact that I think Electric Co. is the highlight of the tour and should be played nightly. Everyone deserves to see it.

IMO... Electric Co. lacked that 'journey' that Until had...

I think Until is a great story, and a sincere moment, but at the same time a good rocker with an opening and a closing...

Until into New Year's Day is classic, and just has this 'epic' feel to it...

Electric Co doesn't feel right, I think the audiences were kinda puzzled at what this song was...

Until has been a staple since Zoo, but not an official single, though has almost been counted as one...

theu2fly said:

Electric Co doesn't feel right, I think the audiences were kinda puzzled at what this song was...

I'm curious which shows you attended where this occurred? Didnt at the 9 I went to where Electric Co was played. An Cat Dubh killed the crowd on a couple occassions (I thought it was paced wrong in the setlist) that I saw but not Electric Co.

Last edited:
At the shows I went to people may have been not have known what Electric Co was but by the end they were loving it cause it rocked so much.

They should play them both.

Chizip said:
At the shows I went to people may have been not have known what Electric Co was but by the end they were loving it cause it rocked so much.

They should play them both.

Yeah, that would be cool.

I was hoping to hear Electric Co. in Omaha, but we got the "safe" set(w/ Follow). It didn't surprise me that they played it safe being they've never played Omaha before. Darn, if only I would've purchased tickets to Minneapolis when I had the chance! Don't get me wrong, I Will Follow sounded awesome and the crowd was really into it when it was played(so it was a good choice on U2's part). However, the highlights for me whenever I listen to any of the recordings from this tour and on the Vertigo Chicago DVD is Electric Co. It sounds amazing this tour!

they should play electric co every night, thats the end of it. its not like its been in the damn set every night for over a decade like "bullet the blue damn sky"

Yeah...for me Electric Co is THE highlight of the Vertigo tour.
I`ve said it many times before it should get played EVERY night of the tour.

It was so awesome last year at the 3 Amsterdam shows.
Edge`s solo was:drool: :drool: :drool:
And I really like when Bono puts in the Bullet With Butterfly Wings part.

Cheers ,

Mauwer

p.s. It WILL be back in the setlist...oh yeah...it will be back:wink:

Back
Top Bottom