where could Gone fit in?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Either between Elevation or The Electric Co. (or just plain cut Elevation) or after The Fly or the end of the main set.

They will play at the end of the set, right before the encore in Phoenix. I swear.

They will have had 3 days to practice it!

I like the idea of Gone as a set-closer, especially if they did it like some of those Elevation performances where Edge just shreds (see the Boston DVD version). Plus it would be mildly witty to leave the stage with "Gone."

They won't do it, though. They'll get very precious about their closers and encores and not want to disturb those, so the best chance for Gone (or most anything else) is in the first third of the show, before Miracle Drug.

I dunno'...I guess I'm the only person who was painfully unimpressed with the Elevation versions of "Gone." I haven't hear 'em all by a long shot, but of the ten or so that I have heard, I didn't like any of them. Because of that, I'd personally rather not see "Gone" on the setlist at all.

Of course, no matter how badly I found individual performances of "Gone" to be, the last time out, NONE of them were quite as painful as every version of "Elevation" I've heard from the Vertigo Tour. So, yeah...if I had to put it somewhere, I'd stick it in there in place of "Elevation." Doesn't matter where it falls in the set, just as long as "Elevation" falls off the face of the earth.

Permanently.

If you shout... said:

Of course, no matter how badly I found individual performances of "Gone" to be, the last time out, NONE of them were quite as painful as every version of "Elevation" I've heard from the Vertigo Tour. So, yeah...if I had to put it somewhere, I'd stick it in there in place of "Elevation." Doesn't matter where it falls in the set, just as long as "Elevation" falls off the face of the earth.

Permanently.

I actually prefer the Vertigo versions of Elevation to the last tour's. I like how it starts off slow, and it's all about audience interaction (with Bono pointing to different parts of the audience for them to sing different words, like 'Hole!', 'Soul!' 'Mole!'). It was quite fun at the SJ2 show. And when it becomes full band and takes off, the crowd goes nuts. And Bono has no problem doing the falsetto these days.

-Miggy

Back
Top Bottom