Where are the setlist moaners now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miricale_Drug

War Child
Having stood by U2 with their setlist for most of the year (yes i had things like everyone else i would prefer added and dropped but on the whole i was happy) can i ask:

Where are the static setlist moaners now?

The first time?
Discoteque?
Walk On?
Fast Cars?

Still static?

People "moaned" because they felt U2 were underselling themselves by

1) rejecting 2 entire albums spanning almost a decade
2) repeating songs multiple times despite having a 25 year catalogue to draw upon
3) using fairly similar setlists for multiple dates in cities

Now they have improved in most of those areas, the "moaning" or critisism has subsided. Common sense to me. :yes:

timothius said:
People "moaned" because they felt U2 were underselling themselves by

1) rejecting 2 entire albums spanning almost a decade
2) repeating songs multiple times despite having a 25 year catalogue to draw upon
3) using fairly similar setlists for multiple dates in cities

:up: 3 good points.

You want moaning? Here's some moaning! :wink:
They must really hate Europe. They play in America, do a fair amount of variation. Then come to Europe and we get the setlist from hell written in stone, night after night after night after night. Then they go back to America and suddenly they remember that something called variation exists again. They should emigrate to their beloved America!

Muad'zin said:
They must really hate Europe. They play in America, do a fair amount of variation. Then come to Europe and we get the setlist from hell written in stone, night after night after night after night. Then they go back to America and suddenly they remember that something called variation exists again. They should emigrate to their beloved America!

harder to please a stadium of people than an arena:shrug:

Some of you guys are just too weird. Now you are making stupid comments because nobody is complaining.

Its pathetic and just an excuse to stir something up.

Miricale_Drug said:
Having stood by U2 with their setlist for most of the year (yes i had things like everyone else i would prefer added and dropped but on the whole i was happy) can i ask:

Where are the static setlist moaners now?

The first time?
Discoteque?
Walk On?
Fast Cars?

Still static?

We bitched BECAUSE the set's were static with very few surprises.

Why would we complain when they started to shake things up? THAT'S WHAT WE WANTED!

Muad'zin said:

Ummm... maybe because they play TWO legs in America and ONE in Europe. The setlists for the first leg were fairly static as well. Now that they are re-visiting most cities though, they have to shake it up.

well no shit we're not complaining right now.

they're doing exactly what we wanted, as mr. brau said.

i swear some of you don't understand ANYTHING logical.

They carried over the let's-get-a-beer Miss Sarajevo from the Europe setlist, so we can't call it perfect yet. There, that's a moan!

But at least they remembered something from 1993. That's very exciting to me. And 1997. Pretty good record made that year.

This is awesome, how the anti-complainers are complaining because nobody's complaining. Shows who the real dicks were all along.

I want to complain against the complainers because they need to complain again... as always, U2 keeps on sucking in the end.

:evil:

BEVERLY56 said:
OK, not sure I understand, but if you think U2 sucks...why are you here? (Or are you saying the complainers think U2 sucks?)
:scratch:

U2 has been sucking for a long time, Beverly... we just pretend they don't.

BEVERLY56 said:
OK, you're entitled to that, but I don't agree.

Ok, I guess I am being unfair to you...

We used to say that U2 sucked in every setlist party as a way of mocking the people that always complained about every night's setlist... my post above is a reference to those comments and it does not truly represent the way I feel about the band.

:up:

U2@NYC said:

Ok, I guess I am being unfair to you...

We used to say that U2 sucked in every setlist party as a way of mocking the people that always complained about every night's setlist... my post above is a reference to those comments and it does not truly represent the way I feel about the band.

:up:

What he said

:wink:

There are quite a few of you, people like yimou, timothius, Zoomerang96 and JOFO that I wanted to post a big :kiss: smiley at after reading your comments in here, but sadly most of you are guys :hmm:

Great replies guys! :up:

Last edited:
Shade said:
This is awesome, how the anti-complainers are complaining because nobody's complaining. Shows who the real dicks were all along.

no kidding.

:kiss: u2man

I want to complain about something. The complainers complain all the time about all the complaining about the setlists. I have just one thing to say...KWITCHERCOMPLAINING. Tell it to someone who wasn't able to buy a ticket. They'd gladly pay $100 to hear Vertigo x 10.

Back
Top Bottom